• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rosetta Status

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KR, you can post wherever you like (after all it is your birthday week). Nice setup!

On a side note, to Swagman and NUTN, My GPU F@H wasn't stable, I was getting decent points, but constantly "hanging" or triggering the VPU recovery. (ATI 4850). I think I'm going to attempt the VM thing on my q6600 and get my 9550 back on Rosetta. The AMD is going back into "semi-retirement" running full bore on SMP it's only good for about 6-700 ppd. Thank's guys for the set-up help, if funds free up I'll be looking into a better GPU and possibly try it again.

I am torn on what I want to do. I would like to help them out more but f@h is a pain in the arse to get setup right. I don't see why only the a2 wu's run under linux but to get better gpu performance you should run the windows gpu client. I had gotten the vm's setup but I wanted to do it with a minimal install with debian and command line, which I had it all going that way but then I decided I wanted to setup samba so I could monitor them via fahmon and it just wasn't working.

I will keep the gpu folding but the 9550 is probably going to soon come back to rosetta. It really is a shame they don't have a rosetta gpu. I like the fact that for the most part boinc is a set it and forget it ordeal. Although I wouldn't mind running boinc under linux for better ppd but then I would have to run vmware to get the gpu folding again. It's like a no win there, hopefully the software will evolve before too long, after all who would have guess a few years ago that you could get that much out of a video card.

Besides we can't let drshivas and pixie have all the fun. And this was alot more long winded then I thought it was going to be. LOL

why thank you Donuts :) now i dont feel so stupid saying hello in someone elses thread :D *sticks tongue out :p @ Baditude*
Baditude might have forgot to mention the other thing, new guy buys the beverages!:beer::soda: damn, need a coffee smilee.:D

@NUTN, I haven't given up on helping the F@H team, I just need to strike a balance. Right now I'm trying to maximize the PPD on the q6600 + I'm patiently waiting for a cpu to come back from RMA. What I'm shooting for is 2 quads on each.

Last edited:
I think the ultimate way to do it is to keep the quads on rosetta and stacking gpus in each box for folding. I think that may be the way I tend to go. It is a shame the windows smp client doesn't yield as many ppd as the linux smp client.

I have some building to do if I am going to keep up with you and bad.

I need to get my 72 f100 back together then I can concentrate more on building more of a farm.

AFAIK, Linux has always yielded more ppd. My old AMD duallie used to run SMP when it first came out. (before the core2 series procs) SMP is still a big step over the uni-client.

Don't try to keep up, I don't. I just do what I can.

The main reason for the upgrades now, it's to cold to work on my '73 K-20. I managed to get it back running, road legal and the plow on just before the first snow.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that believes overclocking and old trucks go hand in hand.

Mine is of the other side for street/strip. I am hoping to have it back together in about a month or two from now. Just in time for the nice weather. If all the bench racing numbers are correct it should be around 550 hp at the wheels with a small block normally aspirated.

Baditude might have forgot to mention the other thing, new guy buys the beverages!:beer::soda: damn, need a coffee smilee.:D

@NUTN, I haven't given up on helping the F@H team, I just need to strike a balance. Right now I'm trying to maximize the PPD on the q6600 + I'm patiently waiting for a cpu to come back from RMA. What I'm shooting for is 2 quads on each.

New Girl. :beer:

Hehe, yeah, it IS a beauty if I don't say so myself! Just got done flashing the BIOS and tweaking the RAM.

Check it out, another quad for the team!

Already loaded up with BOINC and ready for a crunch test tonight.

:bday:And everyone make sure to wish Raven a happy birthday week! Feb 18th!!!!:bday:

:beer:

That's a beautiful looking build baditude. :thup: Now that you've built one, what is your impression of the Phenom II?

PS. - Welcome to the team KonaRaven, very nice to have you crunching rosetta with us!

I am curious as well as to how the phenoms handle rosetta. I am also curious on how much the case ran, I can picture a whole farm built like that.

We'll see shortly gents.

So far what I can tell you is that I am running 40-45deg load @ 3GHz and 1.35v under that Zalman cooler, while crunching.
I can also tell you that it appears perfectly stable through last night and today.
RAC is 66, TC is 673 after one night of crunching.

The case was Just over $100 including the 420w PSU. Great little case to build with, I just hope the PSU is realiable. Seems fine so far and there's not much of a load on it with this system so.

My vid card colors must be way off, her sig looked purple to me.

It's magenta actually. So no, you're not far off.

As long as the new "person" is buying....

I managed to get 1 quad setup with 2 VM's and Ubuntu, so far it's folding away. The oneunit flag was set on my main, so hopefully tomorrow I can get it switched back to Rosie.

You and your friggin cupcakes. Maannn.

By the way Raven, if you didn't notice ol'Swag is from dan undah. Maybe he knows your bro. lol. :p

Anyhow, Our F@H brothers are going to have to live with Pixies' contribution, and the contribution of the rest of you. I said I'd bring my quad back if we dipped below 50,000 here at Rosetta and now I'm doing it. Good luck with march madness you guys. Looks like I won't be partaking.

Last edited:
Time for the weekend update!

Although we were projected to past this point by now, we are currently still in 46th place. This is solely due to the folding Rally that has been going on over at F@H, and that's ok.
We are currently at 48,428 RAC and we are trying to pass CANAL@Boinc who are at 33,732, so no big deal, it's just gonna take a little longer.

Now please, everyone have a look at this:

ros.png

Someone must have given those geeks at VTC a peepee slap for using too much electricity because their RAC has dropped at a much faster rate than ours.
I say it's time to pass these guys and be done with it. Who's with me?

Looking forward, VTC is still off our radar, but here is the overtake forecast.

ros2.png

We've got quite a bridge to gap after CANAL@Boinc, but that's about the same as the last time I made the update. We just gotta slug it out and get there. I foresee that 50 days getting smaller as some of our valuable folders bring machines back over from F@H.

Well, good luck team and thanks again for your contribution. We're still making good progress even in the absence of some valuable CPU's.

I've got my q9550 back on Rosetta, FAH has got one of my q6600's with dual SMP on it. My RAC hasn't started to catch up yet but it seems to have stopped back sliding.

It doesn't seem like I'm getting any new work.

Last edited:
Back