• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sabertooth still downclocking 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

trying to figure out why im still downclocking. Even running prime 95 small FTT I conly get 85% utilization and is downclocking from a bios OC of 4300 to 3500.

AI Overclock - manual
Bus - 205
spread spectrum disabled
pcie spread spectrum disabled
EPU power save mode disabled
c1e Disabled
cool n quiet disabled
turbo core disabled
SVM Disabled
APM enabled.
CPU Vcore offset +.03

windows power management, high performance

Windows 8.1
6300 FX
GTX 760
Asus sabertooth

Zy5ZdRo.png

Watch the temps. That'll be what stops you.
That and the VRM on that board.

really? i thought sabertooth was basically second best..hmm

so what you think should go to?
You just now changed your sig. It said Gigabyte 970 something when you started this thread.:p

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, temps are what will stop you.

You just now changed your sig. It said Gigabyte 970 something when you started this thread.:p

thats why I made sure to put it in original post.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, temps are what will stop you.

think can't really go higher sitting at 50 at load @ 4.3.

Im ok with 4.3, im just looking for more experienced people to tell me what they think if possible, id go a bit further. If seems perfect spot, ill just leave it.

Realistically, with that low a Vcore, your temps seem high to me. You should be in the 4.5-4.7 range at 1.4v or so before you see temps like that.

Realistically, with that low a Vcore, your temps seem high to me. You should be in the 4.5-4.7 range at 1.4v or so before you see temps like that.

yeah I dont have the best airflow setup it seems, and my room here in FL is relativity always ~75-80, and my video card runs really hot always.

using 2 Noctura input fans, 3 corasir 1200rpm exhaust, 1 in back 2 on top. and a Evo 212 cpu cooler.

Florida......I understand now. :)
For an Evo on a FX in FL, in the summer, you're doing pretty well then.

Back