• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX-6300 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I decided to drop the FSB to 200 and overclock with the multiplier only and manually set the memory multiplier at 8 instead of 6.67 and got the ram to 1600mhz instead of the default 1333. VRAM voltage is set to 1.65 and I have included pictures of CPU-z on the ram settings as well. I set the timings on default settings(9-9-9-24-33-1T), I tried 8-8-8-24 but PC bsod after 5 min of prime stress test, was actually expecting it to happen lol. I won't go over 1600 to try achieving 1866.

4.6 + gpu.png

Last edited:
Hi i have the same board and cpu, but i cant go higher with the multiplier more than 21..maybe because i only increase the vcore voltage?

Hi i have the same board and cpu, but i cant go higher with the multiplier more than 21..maybe because i only increase the vcore voltage?

You need to start your own thread. This thread is already marked as [SOLVED]. If you want real help. And you see what the previous user went thru and showed us and tested to and how and with. You will need to do the same when you start your own thread. Not just my stuff don't overclock good.

So welcome to the forums and get started in your own thread.
RGone...

You need to start your own thread. This thread is already marked as [SOLVED]. If you want real help. And you see what the previous user went thru and showed us and tested to and how and with. You will need to do the same when you start your own thread. Not just my stuff don't overclock good.

So welcome to the forums and get started in your own thread.
RGone...

Thx for reply, it will be a big deal for me to start a new thread because my english is poor, im sorry. I just want to know the question i asked before and maybe some screens of the bios if he is still active ofc

Most are not still around after they finish getting where they wish to get with overclock. Maybe he will see and maybe not. I don't think he will.

IF you are not giving the cpu about 1.45Vcore then most likely you will not see the results GhostP was seeing. He was overclocking using multiplier only which is easy. So you likely do not have enough voltage to cpu to get beyond 21 muiltplier. Add some and be sure to keep a watch on temps.
RGone...

Thx for reply, it will be a big deal for me to start a new thread because my english is poor, im sorry. I just want to know the question i asked before and maybe some screens of the bios if he is still active ofc

I got 4.5ghz at 1.414vcore the problem was the bios, updated it to the latest beta and enabled cpu unlock. Its stable (prime95 6hours) max temp 64. It may be useful for others having same problem like mine :)

FX-6300 cpu has nothing to unlock and never seen anyone have to enable on any motherboard when using FX cpu. Glad you got it going with overclock.
RGone...

Probably just another strange action out of a gigabyte mobo. I do not care for such odd actions. You seem to have an overclock so have some fun and good luck man.
RGone...

Yeah thats strange, if i disable it dosent boot up

Don't enable cpu unlock, I noticed on my system that if i enable it my cpu's speed doesn't stay constant. In my case, it falls below 4.6Ghz and usually stays at 2.6-2.8Ghz even under full load with prime95.

If you use only the multiplier to overclock you'd usually have to use more voltage. If you mix the BLCK with the multiplier to achieve 4.5Ghz(244x18.50X) you'll need only 1.39v, but that way your RAM will be affected as well. I had mine stable by using only the multiplier at 4.5Ghz with 1.406v.

Also, set LLC to medium if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Back