• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX-6300 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's the spirit Ghost. Find what your CPU likes. Just and FYI though when you start increasing the reference clock speed this will also raise your ram, NB and HT speed. So at some point you'll need to either add volts/ change timings or drop speed on the other busses. If you're going to keep upping the ref clock I would suggest dropping the NB speed and possibly giving the ram some more juice since it's already only running at 1333.

Is it problematic if i set my current CPU voltage at 1.38750v and in CPU-ID the current value jumps to 1.39/1.40?

I probably won't go any further than 220 or 225 on the FSB.

I have my vCore set at around 1.47 for my OC and mine bounces from 1.45-1.5 It just depends on how your load line calibration is set in you motherboard. Either way it will not stay constant. It will fluctuate slightly. As long as you can get stable in P95 your OC will be fine.

220x20 stress test for 1 hour, temperature went above 60 because i was doing something while prime95 was running. I guess I can call this 4.4 OC successful
Untitled.png

That looks fine to me Ghost , we usually go for 2 hours but that OC should do you fine. :thup: You certainly are at the end of your cooling for now.

That looks fine to me Ghost , we usually go for 2 hours but that OC should do you fine. :thup:

I will stress test it for 2 hours when I have more free time. I read that the max core temp for the FX 6300 is 62C and the max socket temp is 70C. How much of that is true and which temperature(core or socket) is CPU ID showing?

Package temp is the core temp and I'm not sure if it's tmpin 1 or 2 on that board but your OK. As for core there's still a bit of leeway, you'll be fine.

Package temp is the core temp and I'm not sure if it's tmpin 1 or 2 on that board but your OK. As for core there's still a bit of leeway, you'll be fine.

Socket temp you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Yes trents nice catch, that's what happens when my head's going faster than my fingers.

Here is a 2 hour stress test without doing anything on the pc while prime95 is running. I don't plan to go to 4.5Ghz cause that'll raise my current/max temp with at least 3 or 4 Celsius and I don't want it to go over 60C.

FSB - 220
Multiplier - 20
Voltage -1.375v
LLC - medium

C1E, Cool n quiet, CPU unlock, turbo boost and C6 state are disabled.
APM, HPC and SVM are enabled.

test.png

Last edited:
Looks good Ghost, nothing there looks out of place to me. Good job man :thup:

I always tend to wonder...

...after the tweaks begin to level out and certain points in an overclock are reached, I usually take a look at volts and temperatures to see what seems the overall trend of a system. Something along the lines of "what it is?".

I think the image below if this new forum format does not completely mess with the picture I attached; should describe what it is that I wonder about.
RGone...ster.

GhostForum.jpeg

The max 61C temp was because I was running google chrome and some programs while prime95 was stress testing in the background. Durning the 2 hour test i left it idle and the max temp was 58C.

It's a shi tty case for low temperatures, because only the back and the left panel have holes for blowing air out. My PSU is also located on the top. I will have to open the case tomorrow and check how's the cooler and post a picture of the left panel removed.

Ya , I checked that case out a while ago and could tell there isn't much you could do to improve things without actually replacing it.

The max 61C temp was because I was running google chrome and some programs while prime95 was stress testing in the background. Durning the 2 hour test i left it idle and the max temp was 58C.

It's a shi tty case for low temperatures, because only the back and the left panel have holes for blowing air out. My PSU is also located on the top. I will have to open the case tomorrow and check how's the cooler and post a picture of the left panel removed.

While you're at it, run a stress test with the side panel off to get an idea of how much the case ventilation situation is actually affecting component temps.

I switched my hdd place, it was located on the bottom, now I've moved it at the top. The bottom part really felt hotter than the middle/top part. It's right next to the EVO 212.
I don't know what you meant by saying "the contact between the cpu and the heat sink is OPTIMAL". There's thermal paste under the cooler, which came in the box.

I will try stress testing with my left panel open tomorrow.

Back