• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I water cool My GPU or MY CPU or both with one loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg reviews... lol...only worth doa value. :)

Your pump shod handle it fine. I certainly dont think its worth changing and buying blocks for.

:)) yeah it was from that egg site
Okay if you say so...I think with your help Im getting more close to a point which I prefer attaching both my cpu and gpu on the same loop with single rad ..
but another egg guy did also say
"It is basically a great card with a unique cooler design that was appealing to me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to confirm with Asus what the water channels are made out of. The part the water actually contacts I am talking about. It appears to be aluminum. I really doubt Asus would make that mistake. Unfortunately I wasn't going to chance ruining my custom loop that has cooper and nickel components."

So if that angry guy is right, things will be peachy inside my loop..But if that guy is wrong how risky to use copper in a system with an aliminum rad block?

Last edited:
As i saod earlier, if their fluid prevents it, seems like you can use it. Though i understand others
caution.

Even if their product does what they claim; in the near future I may want to drain the system and use some other cooling liquid in another color from some other brand so I would like to be able to do that when desired..
In another aspect Even if I dont attach both CPU and GPU in the same loop Im still attaching two different metals together in the same loop considering Thermaltakes original cpu water block is made of copper inside and their rad is made of aliminum I suppose...As most of us do I also want my system to be flexible as possible.. As far as I can see,if the system is planned with drain tube and valve, its not a big deal to drain&flush and refill the system.. and I know U get more flexiblity and easier movement with soft tubing , altough I am totally okay with clear pipes in my pc case I dont want hoses in there and Im not racist :p
View attachment 193560
I mean that color is ok but I think it doesn´t have that neon glow or that blurry and shiny little particles which generally f.cks up your system in a short while by making it cloggy :p

Last edited:
Ironic you want flexibility and using acrylic tubing... but OK.

Personally, I would stay away from anything with dye in it... but, due to the purchase of the kit and mixed metals, you put yourself in a pickle.

The material I have is actually PetG :)
and IMO; visually hard tubing ( Acrylic or PetG) looks a bit more slick.. I know it is a bit harder to work with than hoses but we all make sacrifices
do you prefer colourless fluid inside your pipes? where is the fun in that... ? If it starts bleeding after you stopped examining because everything was peachy; it is not funny as well.. or if it gets clogged without you getting aware of because of the coloured liquid inside it´s not funny either...
But I still kinda like compounds having funky colours..

Last edited:
There is not a single component in my gaming build from a vendor I haven't spoken to directly (outside of Intel).

This is info I got directly from vendors, take it how you will:
Thermaltake does not recommend use of distilled water due to the anti-corrosive properties in their C1000. They also will not honor any warranty used with other coolant.
Mayhems states that NONE of their products work with TT radiators.

The material I have is actually PetG :)
and IMO; visually hard tubing ( Acrylic or PetG) looks a bit more slick.. I know it is a bit harder to work with than hoses but we all make sacrifices
do you prefer colourless fluid inside your pipes? where is the fun in that... ? If it starts bleeding after you stopped examining because everything was peachy; it is not funny as well.. or if it gets clogged without you getting aware of because of the coloured liquid inside it´s not funny either...
But I still kinda like compounds having funky colours..
ive just moved past that in my PC career. If i want color, i use colored tubing. I dont take chances with those fluids or mixed metal loops.

I sitll havent done anything with the watercooling kit because I may have discovered bigger issues with my 7700 k cpu which easily jumps to 100C just after I started benchmark utilities.. not the stress test.. Is this normal.. No overclock idle is like 50C something should be wrong I suppose..
I did not put the pc parts together myself.. maybe they forgot the thermal paste? I know these CPU s tend to get a bit hot.. But it seems a bit too hot to me?

Im thinking about delidding but before, I just want to be sure that I dont have a defected CPU rather than it thermal paste

What cooler is it under currently???

Edit: had to scan up to your post with your hardware list since its still not in yoyr signature.... i dont see what cooler you currently have mentioned.

Regardless, re mount it assuming you have thermal paste to apply.

Regardless, re mount it assuming you have thermal paste to apply.

How did the remount and repaste go? Did you take the plastic off the bottom of the heatsink if it has it? CPUs don't just reach 100C unless it doesn't have a good mount.

I have not dismounted it yet.. But I doubt that they made this mistake of not removin the plastic cover.. In worst scenario they did not apply the thermal paste properly? but does it cause cpu to get 100C ??it is literally boiling

Yes, if there was water in the CPU it would be boiling... an improper mount or paste job could allow the CPU to reach 100C, yes. What 'benchmark utilities' are you 'starting'? What voltage is it hitting (use CPUz to tell you)?

Let us know how the remount goes and what you found.

Any reason you have your cooler in your signature and nothing else? You need to some help boss? LOL! :)

Cpuz -Intel Extreme Tuning Utility- Prime95 and some other utulities my core voltage fluctuates till 1.34V.. for ex now 3.28.. I know I can set it manually but I did not want to decrease default voltage..
as soon as I prepare myself a clean spot in mu house I will dismount and let you know
And yes I did not want you to scroll the page to see my cooler brand/model

Last edited:
Yet, you didn't put the rest of your system specs in... LOL... ok. Anyhoo, waiting on your results........

Jesus man... stick with me.. it is NOT in the signature... which is where we like to see it so that nobody has to look around the thread to help.

The goal is to make it as easy as you can for those volunteers trying to help you for free. :)

To remark on the dissimilar metals, keep in mind that your car goes from copper, aluminum and steel. To prevent the galvanic corrosion, your car's antifreeze is formulated to prevent it. It also keeps the water from boiling/freezing but that's not relevant here.

So you say, why not add antifreeze to my loop? Because it greatly reduces the transfer of heat. In a petrol engine where you are talking 500 F give or take, it all works out well. In a computer where you are looking at 90-100 c, not so good.

I haven't water cooled since my AMD Thunderbird days using Danger Den blocks, an aquarium pump and a cool-aid pitcher. The products have changed but the underlying principles have not and will not. Try to keep with the same metals. If there is corrosion, flakes break loose and plug up your radiator and/or water block causing serious heat damage.

Be well and good luck.

Back