• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^ THIS ^^^

mine bugs out around -116C , but can boot at -115C is the good news , my 5960x can't boot below -60C

Hit me with your e-mail in a PM and I will send you some goodies when I get home around 4:00 PM EST , but no beating my HW Prime run ........ :rofl:

Sure I can do that Witchy, this is the first time for me with Intel and more of a just feel it our stage. I took a look at the Bot after E_Ds post and didn't find much but any I did see seemed to be the -110 to -120 range. As for beating anyone's scores there are no guarantees. I have seen the CBB and CB before with just my water on some old AMD stuff. It would just refuse to run or lock up immediately. Is that the behaviour I'm watching for?

yes, Intel you have to be up on the wheel bro, this is not sit and watch benching

you are a participant ..........

Funny you say that Witchy. I had a hard time keeping the pot full with the 9370 but did maintain a -182c.
This is going to make p*** breaks tough isn't it?

Sure I can do that Witchy, this is the first time for me with Intel and more of a just feel it our stage. I took a look at the Bot after E_Ds post and didn't find much but any I did see seemed to be the -110 to -120 range. As for beating anyone's scores there are no guarantees. I have seen the CBB and CB before with just my water on some old AMD stuff. It would just refuse to run or lock up immediately. Is that the behaviour I'm watching for?

yep when you are there you will know it, just stops
Mine does not crash just freezes up like Mr. Freeze with his freeze ray ...... lol

like I said, with my chip it can boot anywhere below it's CB so CBB is not an issue with mine.

best thing to do like E_D said find those limitations first. that way you are not in the middle of a monster run and it freezing up on you.

once that is done and you dial clocks in it is all fun from there , rip shred and tear bro, just kidding on the score, hope you have a monster bro :thup:

'

Thanks guys gotta run I have some students waiting for me.

I get to the point where I know how much to pour as to how much it will go up... heck, I even took a deuce, and cooked some lunch (mac n cheese) for the kiddos (had to check it/add more once). :)

heck, I even took a deuce, and cooked some lunch (mac n cheese) for the kiddos (had to check it/add more once). :)

Gee, all that class and a mod to boot !
The i7 won't be near as hot as my FX was I don't think. From what I've heard I think they're closer to the new Has E chips as far as heat.
Thanks for that info though. It might have taken me a bit to figure out what the %&*%% was going on. I usually blame myself in those situations.

I've replaced some stuff in my brother's PC so I got 3770K and Z77 board back. I thought I will make some tests that were not available on hwbot when I was benching it last time but it's totally degraded and I have no idea why. To make quick runs in single threaded tests at 4.5GHz it needs 1.35V+, while some months ago I could make 4.8GHz+ at the same voltage on all cores :bang head CPU was working at 4GHz 1.15V for about a year. No matter what I'm testing recently almost all is ending the same :-/

You certainly have been having your share of bad luck these days Woomack. Let's just blame your brother and be done with it.

You certainly have been having your share of bad luck these days Woomack. Let's just blame your brother and be done with it.

My brother is not complaining as he got 5820K, 32GB Microns, larger case and better cooling. It's just weird as CPU was running at nearly stock voltage under the water cooling so couldn't overheat.

I guess I have to test all hardware which is laying around and it will die in tests or I test it and sell before it dies. I still have couple of untested CPUs because boards were dead and couple of untested graphics cards because I saw no point to waste time when I had no good CPU.

I've wasted a lot of time yesterday and I found out it's not the 3770K fault but mobo. For some reason both BIOSes are corrupting in weird way during overclocking. Once board even made recovery from corrupted BIOS but it wasn't in so bad condition and later I managed to flash it back. In total I made recovery maybe 7 times on both BIOSes. Even though Z77x-UD5H has dip switch on board, I still see on LEDs it's jumping from one chip to another.
Yesterday was like crash, crash , crash, quick run @5GHz on water , couldn't boot for like 10 mins, crash, crash and 2-3 quick runs at 5GHz, corrupted bios, recovery, crash crash , 1 quick run @5GHz. The same story over and over again for like 3-4h. The same board is fully stable at ~4.2GHz.

It's also hard to understand why but my TridentX 2400 CL9 is overclocking better on this board than on any Z97. 2870 9-12-12-24 1N is passing maxxmem and similar tests on air while on Z87/97 it couldn't even boot at CL9 above 2600.

Last edited:
Arghhh....that's frustrating Woomack! I definitely feel for you and know how it feels when things aren't working right :/

Now my plan is to have 3-4 setups insulated and ready to go so when I hit issues, I can let things come back to room temp and just swap out to the next mobo/cpu combo. Finishing prepping tonight so will hopefully be up and running again in a day or 2. Holiday season is upon us so going to have to see how much benching I can get to in the next couple months.
Setting up the following:
- z97 xpower ac w/g3258- Will run 2D's @ 5.6 with 'safe' voltages then up the volts and go for 6-6.3. if it survives, re-run 2D's and start on the 3D's (780Ti first)
- f2a85x-up4 w/a8-5600k- Probably run this under water for country cup 5GHz spi32 (maybe take ram cold for this)
- rex w/celery 430- Finish up 2D's then load 6GHz e8600 and finish those 2D's
- mve w/2500k- See if this chip is somehow still alive. If so...bench out the 2D's
- rive w/3930k- Finish testing the 3 remaining 3930k's, load best one and re-run all 2D's

I've wasted a lot of time yesterday and I found out it's not the 3770K fault but mobo. For some reason both BIOSes are corrupting in weird way during overclocking. Once board even made recovery from corrupted BIOS but it wasn't in so bad condition and later I managed to flash it back. In total I made recovery maybe 7 times on both BIOSes. Even though Z77x-UD5H has dip switch on board, I still see on LEDs it's jumping from one chip to another.
Yesterday was like crash, crash , crash, quick run @5GHz on water , couldn't boot for like 10 mins, crash, crash and 2-3 quick runs at 5GHz, corrupted bios, recovery, crash crash , 1 quick run @5GHz. The same story over and over again for like 3-4h. The same board is fully stable at ~4.2GHz.

It's also hard to understand why but my TridentX 2400 CL9 is overclocking better on this board than on any Z97. 2870 9-12-12-24 1N is passing maxxmem and similar tests on air while on Z87/97 it couldn't even boot at CL9 above 2600.

So what now, you think the board is saveable? It doesn't sound to me like it wants to keep things straight at all.

Arghhh....that's frustrating Woomack! I definitely feel for you and know how it feels when things aren't working right :/

Now my plan is to have 3-4 setups insulated and ready to go so when I hit issues, I can let things come back to room temp and just swap out to the next mobo/cpu combo. Finishing prepping tonight so will hopefully be up and running again in a day or 2. Holiday season is upon us so going to have to see how much benching I can get to in the next couple months.
Setting up the following:
- z97 xpower ac w/g3258- Will run 2D's @ 5.6 with 'safe' voltages then up the volts and go for 6-6.3. if it survives, re-run 2D's and start on the 3D's (780Ti first)
- f2a85x-up4 w/a8-5600k- Probably run this under water for country cup 5GHz spi32 (maybe take ram cold for this)
- rex w/celery 430- Finish up 2D's then load 6GHz e8600 and finish those 2D's
- mve w/2500k- See if this chip is somehow still alive. If so...bench out the 2D's
- rive w/3930k- Finish testing the 3 remaining 3930k's, load best one and re-run all 2D's

That's quite a list F_S , good luck !

Damm, your a beast funsoul :)

look forward to your results.

I am out of cold so sitting on the bench :(

best of luck bro ,

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll make some progress shortly. Still have to eventually get to all the older platforms, too (a, 478, 939) :/

Sorry you're out of juice Witchy but gives the rest of the team a little chance of trying to close the gap hehe

Man...congrats to Witchdoctor and Johan45!! You guys have been on frickin' fire lately!!! :cheers:

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll make some progress shortly. Still have to eventually get to all the older platforms, too (a, 478, 939) :/

Sorry you're out of juice Witchy but gives the rest of the team a little chance of trying to close the gap hehe

Man...congrats to Witchdoctor and Johan45!! You guys have been on frickin' fire lately!!! :cheers:

Thanks F_S, it's been fun but I am also out of juice now. Had another disappointing FX run yesterday. This 8320 is even tighter than my 9370 and it showed. Topped out at 6.66 and the 9370 at 7.0. I need to find my self another little piggy. I killed my 8350 somehow and it would have been a beast with LN2. I just know it.

Thanks bro :)

going to try to test all my GTX 8800's, GTX 260 216 cores & GTX 7800's for candidates for cold.

if any of them are decent should be some decent team boints

Last edited:
I didn't know Mushkin released DDR4. It would be nice to see some results. Their PR/marketing department is not replying to any of my mails and there is no chance to get any review samples. In Poland Mushkin is nearly impossible to get and even if some stores have it on stock then prices are way too high.

Back