• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks funsoul, YES that smell. Congrats on your new cpu, sounds like it could be a winner. I was "this" close to getting x99 like 20 times before I ordered anything, even 10 minutes before I ordered, still might but don't have a good enough reason/excuse yet.
Thanks! Yeah...the only way I rationalized this one is a) I need more global points, b) have around 100 vga cards, c) cascade doesn't really get cold enough for x99 (actually barely cold enough for the 4960x) and, d) this chip has more cores and should be able to beat my best 3930k (5.5GHz), and, e) already have the g3258 for older 3d's (hopefully it's competitive).

Look forward to seeing what you can do with your new setup!!

Fine looks like you're both *****s!
@Devlos I see this bug has bit you hard. Ha ha

Good luck with your new toys boys!

Thanks Johan45! Now I've got to start selling stuff like crazy to help offset the cost :/

Last i heard you wer putting together a list of things but that was a while ago. I know it's hard to part with your babies. I'm always lookin for more stuff to break. Ha ha Still got that 8400 ES ?

Yeah...I'm a bit of a slacker :/ Have 4-8 cpus more or less ready to sell (incl. that 8400es). Also thinking of selling my nice q6600. Other than those...think it's about time to get rid of a bunch of ddr and ddr2 (plus a few ddr3) but will almost definitely need some help identifying all the sticks, determing which are 'must keep' and getting an idea of how much to ask.

I think I killed my 4770K

can't get it to boot at 5850 MHz 2c4t

tried 5.4 4c8t and same thing, boots fine at stock

The pain of it all , that was my 06 and down 3D chip :facepalm:

killed two GTX295's in 2 days and only got 2 subs from both of them combined

Bad weekend :cry:

Maybe tomorrow will be better

Wow, that's an expensive weekend Witchy. It might be cheaper for you to take up gambling. LOL Sorry for the loss.

I hate that screen ....... :(

Good news, my 4770K and 295 lives ....

pulled up pot and here the edge of the paper towel slid over and was holding the pot off the chip ever so slightly.

The 295 I have no idea, ran fine on a vga cable on 7, but would not on XP ???

for ****s and giggles I tried a DVI and there it was ..... go figure

So I was able to have some GTX295 action tonight after all :)

Didn't care to much about the card, but am really happy my chip didn't die

295 03.png

295 05.png

295 06.png

295 01 2.png

12 7 14.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks bro,

I was so happy my chip didn't die I hit the buy button on one of these

Got it for $ 319.99 after rebate

209849.jpg

Nice results WD :thup: I just noticed it actually let you beat me by all 0.7 points in global ranking :D ...
I was digging some in my stuff and found untested HD4870 ... but it's non-reference Powercolor with some issues, core OC all 50MHz , memory is worse than the average. After couple of quick runs I've noticed that performance is weirdly low like something was generating errors, hard to say but generally waste of time. Without good 4770/4790K on cold I won't make anything good anyway :-/

lol, That won't last long, my globals are taking a beating with the release of the GTX980

Yea CPU clock speed on older 3D is paramount, especially in AM, 01 & 05.
have a Christmas party to go to tonight, but want to try out the 295 in win 7 as I have voltage control when I get a chance.

For some reason I can not get voltage control to work in XP on this card even know I am using the same version of AB ?
If I can get 750 to 770 core may have a shot at 2nd place in 05 & 06 ???

edit:

LOL,

Well that was quick, tear it up Woomack :thup:

Last edited:
I just replaced 0.1 results on HD5770 with something slightly better. Nothing special but still better than 0.1 points :p I should be #41 in hardware ranking after recalculate. 41 out of 36133 sounds better ;)

Without LN2 I won't make any higher points but some cards are still worth to bench. SS or Dice is not enough to make 20+ hardwares on most popular cards.
I will set this HD4870 on auction and will try to get one more or something similar that I've never benched before.

Every boint helps :)

Found a 4770 the other day I did not even know I had :rofl:

Guess one of these days I will have to go through all my cards and see what I have, found 2x 7900 GT's as well :)

I hate that screen ....... :(

Good news, my 4770K and 295 lives ....

pulled up pot and here the edge of the paper towel slid over and was holding the pot off the chip ever so slightly.

The 295 I have no idea, ran fine on a vga cable on 7, but would not on XP ???

for ****s and giggles I tried a DVI and there it was ..... go figure

So I was able to have some GTX295 action tonight after all :)

Didn't care to much about the card, but am really happy my chip didn't die

View attachment 157086

View attachment 157085

View attachment 157084

View attachment 157087

View attachment 157088

Simply awesome Witchdoctor! Glad everything's still alive over there (well...except for that 1 295). You're rockin' it out there!

Nice going Witchy, glad your 4770k came back. Sometimes we're happy for our carelessness.

well that just goes to show drinking and benching don't mix ........... :rofl:

Hey, you take that back!!!! That's just not true. It's kind of like darts, the more you drink the better I look. Ha ha

Back