• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Six Core AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Processors With Eight Working Cores Spotted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Still kind of weird though. I've hear demand but that seems like grasping to me. More likely someone messed up somewhere

https://www.techpowerup.com/237586/amd-ryzen-5-1600-and-1600x-cpus-found-with-8-working-cores

"reports so far indicate that most, if not all of the unlocked CPUs come from the same batch of silicon, manufactured between September 4th and September 10th in Malaysia"

"Reddit user known as "Rigred" claims he has deciphered the serial numbers corresponding to this batch of processors, allowing prospective buyers to verify that the chip is actually one of the unlocked few"

Last edited:
I've seen comment it was working after first run without any additional settings. Also this is one news reposted everywhere. Hard to say how true it is for whole batches in given time period.

Back