• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sold 4790k..person claims it wont post. Is it his motherboard ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They call it epray fora reason, along with fleabay. Some folks still swear by it but I put it in the same category as the tooth fairy-past a certain age most people get sick of the disappointment and just quit believing.

I got the cpu.

Look at what he did.. The IHS has been lapped so all markings and serial numbers are gone. The core is mine as it still has the pink nail polish. The Ihs sides have damage to them from being clamped improperly.. Look at the marks on the metal.

The core had way too much paste on it. And the cpu has a chip on the die in a corner.

It posts though... But i habe no idea if it works properly anymore nore am i going to test it. This is bs..

He had it for one day.. didnt even test it first instead he laps the ihs and goes strsight for liquid metal.

Im linking this post to ebay so id appritiate anymore input from you guys so ebay csn verify that i am not as fault for this

20180722_130527.jpg

20180722_130420.jpg

Last edited:
????

Dont waste your time. Assuming its a 100% functional chip (you need to test it) get the refund and resell it. Not worth the heartache. I dont understand the end game here if he refunded the money.

hey!!!!! test the god forsaken thing then pm me!!!!!!
screenshot the cpu-z

I need another 4790K

It posts in the bios. I had to remove my ssd to hook it up to the motherboard to check in windows. But once i get to windows its unstable and fails prime 95 even at stock speeds.. The pc already locked up twice on me now

This is bs.. Lapped IHS. chipped core.. him using liquid metal before he even tested it first.. The liquid metal probably got into the chipped corner and shorted the cpu out. Ive had chipped cpus from athlon xps work just fine.. and work weird when as5 got on the chips... Then worl fine once you clean it off.

But still im on the phone with ebay right now.. They are reveiwing it.. Sh3 said if the cpu was modified beyond what i did when i sold it then he wont be getting a refund.

Well see if what she said holds true. Ive sold 10k$ of stuff on ebay 100% feedback.. I dnt sell bad parts to make a penny.. Grr

Last edited:
Im sue this person.. 245$ is peanuts but ill take this guy to court...

Ebay sided with him LOL yet he damaged my cpu and defaced the IHS... Ebay is like because you have a 100% rating and have veen with us for xx amount of years and sold 10k$ in stuff.. were siding with the buyer.

Yea that makes 0 fracking sense. I will sue the buyer

They messed with the wrong guy !

Typical ebay...

Lol, sue him... i know that sucls, what happened. But what a waste of time, effort, and money to do so.

They will turn it over to a collection agency.
You signed a contract when you signed up.
You can't dodge it.

And i will go after them too, I frankly do not care at this point. It makes 0 sense to side with a new buyer who clearly and admitted to defacing the serial numbers, using a conductive liquid on it, and chipped the core.. Makes no sense at all. And everyone ive talked too so far agrees.

Ebay can kiss my ***

told you earthdog i go to extremes lol.. If the cpu wasnt chipped or sanded and he didnt mention liquid metal to me. I would have no issues giving him a refund even if it didnt post. Id still be pissed but i received something back in a condition i didnt mail it out in, so i shouldnt have any responsibilty

I mean, you are right... no getting around that. But there is extreme and there is bat guano crazy....

Take a page from Frozen... let it go.

lol no im filing an apeal with ebay atm.. i called back she got my pics and sees the chipped corner and sees there is no part or serial number on the ihs from it being sanded..

lets see what happens... uhg

LOL still denied, and the philipino lady said flat out ebay has no seller protection.. only buyer protection.. Im like well you guys need to change that and she went silent..

Im calling paypal now, this is bs.. paypal said they split with ebay because they have no seller protection. So shes going to try to help me.. Im probably still out of a cpu and $245 though, whatever ?!!!!!!

Back