• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Standard VGA Graphics Adapter keeps showing up after reboot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LegolasElf

Today I decided to run Far Cry 3 with using the farcry3.exe CrossfireX profile in CCC. As soon as I launched Far Cry 3 I got a BSOD code a0000000001 and when I got back into windows I saw the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter show up. If I don't disable it Far Cry 3 BSODs at startup exactly the same way with BCCODE a0000001. Ever since this happened the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter keeps coming back even If i disable it and uninstall it. How can I make my uninstall of this device stick after rebooting? Its a really annoying problem.

EDIT: Clearing CMOS solved the problem.

Last edited:
does that motherboard have onboard video? if so disable it in the bios likely culprit.

That's the generic Microsoft driver for a video card. No idea why it's reverting to that instead of using the actual AMD drivers.

I re-installed my Catalust Drivers but still no luck. I can game just fine with my CrossfireX setup as long as I have Standard VGA Graphics Adapter disabled but I would really like to have it uninstalled and not showing up at all.

EDIT: Everything was tip top until I picked the farcry3.exe CrossFireX application profile in CCC. It started doing this right after that. Any ideas?

Both of my 7970s show up just fine in Device Manager and GPU-Z but on restart that Standard VGA Adapter keeps coming back. Seems like it reverts to the windows driver on startup then CCC takes over right after leaving me with the onboard video adapter with a warning sign next to it in device manager and if I don't disable it it cuases a BSOD with farcry 3.

EDIT: Clearing CMOS solved the problem.

Last edited:
Back