• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Freezing at Stock Clock Speed!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Statik said:
bandit, you might wanna try the same if you wanna try to get a bit of an oc out of the ram too. try running 5:4 and pushing the fsb. you might not be able to get the proc back up to 3.0GHz (because of ram limitations) but if the ram is going faster and you get close to 3.0Ghz, that might be just as good or even better. just a suggestion.

Tried it and was actually able to push my offbrand PC2700 to a bit over 190 and still be stable, but because of the lax timings or something im missing it scored almost exactly the same as it does in the 160s, around 4300-4500 in sandra.

HOLY CRAP I BLEW IT UP!!!!!

Just kidding those setting you posted worked great. I'm currently at 2.7 GHZ. 5:4 Vcore is 1.575 and Ram is at 2.6. It's been running strong all night. But I guess this mean my Ram is break weaksauce.

Neo

that awesome!! glad to hear it's up and running. now, from there, if you desire to oc any, you can push the fsb and voltages up accordingly. or, leave it where it is if you like it. 2.7... that means like 180 for the ram with the ratio. not bad. might be able to push it a bit farther if you want. that mean you are running about 225 fsb right?

and that just means that the ram is rated too low to run synchronous with your proc. while synchronous would be better, it's not the end of the world if you don't wanna get new ram...

Ya I'm running 225 right now. It's running good so far. I'm gonna get some ram and a new case this weekend. Any suggestions on cases? Some of these cool lookin ones are like 50-80 bucks. Are they decent?

www.bluebonepc.com

i like my temjin, but it is prolly more than you want to spend. make sure when you get the ram that you get at least pc3200. that way you can run 1:1. you could even try pc3500 if it's not too much, that way you would have plenty of room to oc it all if you would like to. you would still get a decent oc out of pc3200 though.

as far as the case, you opinion. i like to stick with better names liek silverstone and antec, but anything really will do. as long as you like it and it has what you want. i really like the new thermaltake armor, but again, prolly more than you wanna pay. try places like xoxide.com and performance-pcs.com. they have some good ones.

You might be able to run like 265-270+ with a 3:2 ram ratio. Some 2.4Cs go way on up, some are like mine and suck. Never know what you got until you test it and find out. Just take it slow and dont get crazy with the voltages or you raise your chance of burning stuff up. Guess if you in an overclocking forum though you know the risks of overclocking.

Hey guys in the end it was the memory. I picked up 1 gig of PC3200 Ram and put it in, set it to stock. Runs beautifully. Thanks to all that helped.

Back