• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:drool:

Well, I really hope that all tje system endure enough to last the race.....on a second thought, I think I need to worry about the AC in the computer room more :D :burn: :D

If you can keep all those systems going you'll be changing that avatar often. You'll also be in the top 20 RAC world wide! :)

Thats awesome btoups. I wish the company i work for would let me install bionc, there are 350 P4s @ 2.8 or above just sat there doing nothing :cry:
But i keep asking maybe one day.

Hey guys according to the latest race stat we are owning this race. We are currently 50,000 Credits ahead of the Team A......all thanks to the addition of all the smokin' rig of btoups.....Man you really wasted the competition :burn:

Nope it is definitely a team effort. Lots of other people increased their production too. But thanks for the compliment.

Hmm, that farm.
Is it at ur high school and u happen to have owned the netowork / be the network admin?

Or is it out in the working world?

Just curious realy, cause i encountered a very similar situation my senior year of highschool as network admin... but i did not take advantage of the situation.

LOL No, not at school. Its been many moons since I have journeyed the hallways of an instructional institution.

I guess I can give details now. The systems are part of 3 Virtual Reality simulators. I used a self modified version of Overclockix to boot the PCs. It is totaly hands off and the system remain totally unmodified. The system boots from CD, connects to seti, gets WUs and uses the optimized Linux Seti Client. The PCs only download 1 WU at a time, but if the PC is rebooted that WU is lost. Therefore I will only run the rigs when I am sure they can run uninterupted for a few days.

P.S. The farms offline. Was fun while it lasted!

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!

Don't tell me the farm is down!!!!

Man the W/U's you were cranking were really helping the team BIG TIME!!!

I'm really being sincere here!...We got 7'th place worldwide back, and your w/u rates were a primary reason for that!!

The race is one thing..and those are fun...but the bigger picture is that we are all part of a TEAM here...

I really would like some more info on how you did your clients without installing anything...

I'm not a Linux guy at all...so use small words.. :p

Thanks...and get that farm back online whenever you can!

Larry
:cool:

Was bound to happen... i think a couple of the rigs i have going back home have gone offline as well, as i didnt plug em into the UPS and the total credits dont add up. Oh well home on friday for turkey day right? And on black friday i can get a cheapo UPS to keep em up durring the power 'flicks' that hous gets.

As for customized clients, i too would like that info - anything to speed up my 2x 950mhz celeron's crunching rates. Near as i can tell, its similar to a custom Knoppix boot disk except with Overclockix.

eaglescouter said:
And did your technique only work on machines already running linux or will this cd work with windows machines too?
The Overclockix boot cd he is talking about allows you to boot Linux purely from a CD. It doesn't matter what OS is installed, you don't even need a hard drive.

Lol, we just need btoups to post in my thread on Overclockix.

Till i finish the torrents for the .iso's I can't test any of em.

The ISO is gona be too large for email in most cases. But maybe a How-To get the overclockix CD to work would be sufficent.

Back