• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That WOULD BE INSANE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

Okay heres my idea, i have recently downloaded the program earth google. it shows a very good image of my small town on long island. I was wondering if it was possible to buy a item that send my computer a signal of lattitude longtitude so that i can in real time map out the location of a person holding this item? then i could tye it in to my google earth to get a map of there location. Is this possible?

I think that will be included by using the "GPS System" under tools, but that isn't setup yet (it is only for "premier subscribers" or something of that sort.)

there would have to be some kind of software to transport the real time image of the beacon to the map on earth google, is there such software? this idea seems so cool i am willing to pay someone to write some code to do this!

It would probably have to be a GPS of some sort.

Note: Google maps doesnt impress me as the aerial picture of my school doesnt show our newer gym which was built 6 years ago..

Does anyone have any idea how though? some kind of gps device that only sent a gps cordinate? Pls I want to get this sooooooooo bad PLS!

If this kind of stuff interests you, you might want to try geocaching.

www.geocaching.com

As far as what you're talking about, I have no idea. I do know that I haven't seen a GPSr for under $100. It sounds like you want some kind of GPS tracking device. Something tells me this exists and is probably very expensive.

Back