• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

'The Beast II'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks great!!! You set a new standard for the cube!

I know just what you mean when you ask yourself is a new build worth it. It truly is laborious. And there are always hidden costs that can't initially be figured in. In the end, when you’ve taken your time and done a good job and made it something that you can be proud of when you sit back and look at it, all the work and $$$ you put into it seems worth it. I hope you enjoy it for a long time :)

MX440? Ewww.
I'm begging you to get either an X800XT or 6800 Ultra.

Very nice work otherwise. Very clean looking, very professional installation.

I have a few questions about your 120.3 as mine is arriving soon (I hope)

1. Are those 120mm holes stock? If they aren't, what did you use to cut those holes and where can I get it?

2. How did you attach the fans to the rad and the rad to the case?

Thanks in advance.
-Fyberwire

Fyberwire said:
MX440? Ewww.
I'm begging you to get either an X800XT or 6800 Ultra.

Very nice work otherwise. Very clean looking, very professional installation.

I have a few questions about your 120.3 as mine is arriving soon (I hope)

1. Are those 120mm holes stock? If they aren't, what did you use to cut those holes and where can I get it?

2. How did you attach the fans to the rad and the rad to the case?

Thanks in advance.
-Fyberwire
I accept gifts! Send me a nice new vid card k? LOL! I can justify spending $$$ on this project, but I cant justify spending MORE money than this project on a stupid video card! I mean $500 for something that will be outdated in 2 months? Bah. I dont game anyway. Yes the 120mm holes are standard. The rad comes with 6 seperate shrouds, you mount the fan to the shroud then the shroud bolts to the rad.

This is what happens when we have too much time off. :D

Absolutely rocking set up... looks real schweet. Nik has pwned the H20.

It turned out simply outstanding, you did a great job on the Beast II.

When you built the Beast III and your ready to throw the Beast II in the dumpster, give me a call first cuz I want it :beer: :bday:

Actually they all sound like newbs who tihnk they know alot. Just read the first 10 post and start laughing. Well I personally love the Beast II and I think it looks very profesional. Good job and enjoy your new toy. Don't worry about those guys from the other site, ignorance usually ignites jealousy and criticism of what is not understood.

God I can't believe i read all 6 pages of that thread.

I'm sure there has to be come way to slowly lower the temperature in a fridge so it doesn't build up condensation. I don't know any thing about it though so I'm just assuming.

BTW, what happened to beast 1?

Soja said:
God I can't believe i read all 6 pages of that thread.

BTW, what happened to beast 1?
No comment on genmay... Beast I is sitting, waiting for me to decide what to do with her. I will most likely be selling it at some point. Just not sure how to do that yet.

Aww, I thought there was something else in the works. That sure will be a beast to package and ship though :eek:

you can run the fans at low voltage

With that much flow & radiator fins he could cool another computer... Heck, the rad will probably cool the water enough with just the rear case fans pulling air through it...

Why not get a 4th pump and run two pairs of two in series in parallel? (say that ten times fast!) You'd get a bit less pressure but probably much more flow. :attn:

The amount of work put into this shows - great project!

Back