• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Egg has the Dark Hero page up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notarat

It's out of stock, of course, but it now has a listing, finally.

~$485.99 seems a bit steep for an early adopter fee but hey...it is what it is...

And an FX 9590 (even though a totally different era) didn't require a motherboard that expensive! :eh?::cry:

Motherboards as a whole are getting too expensive compared to everything else which seems to be going down or leveling off. This is just another example of it. I mean I paid more for my motherboard than I did the CPU that goes in it.

Not that anything good will be in stock anyways.

This is new:

"Hello, Newegg Customer
The site is unavailable in the European Union."

It used to work. I wonder why they blocked it for the EU.

Anyway, I'm not sure what is so special in the Dark Hero mobo to pay so much for it. MSI X570 Unify costs $300 and is about the same. Well, I purchased Crosshair VIII Impact which is not far from $500 but it's somehow special considering its size and potential. It cost me less but I still feel it was overpriced, even though it's great. On the other hand, Strix B550-I Gaming costs ~$220 and is about the same (or at least on ambient cooling is the same, in memory OC is even better).

This is new:

"Hello, Newegg Customer
The site is unavailable in the European Union."

It used to work. I wonder why they blocked it for the EU.

The EU got IP-banned! Oh darn! Reminds me of a server admin of an Australian message board, IIRC, who IP-banned U.S.A. Noticed that after I saw in the search query results that there was what looked like a decent message board that had more information about the BEC 7402TM router, which VTel issued during the later-days of ADSL.

And, of course the big record companies for non-United-States-made-music, love to IP-ban U.S.A. :mad:

In the late-2010s, it looked like for a fair while, that was winding down and I was starting to think that was, because of ad-rev at YouTube. Just a year ago, looked like they were far less likely to apply the dreaded "block" policy on music uploaded to YouTube, when there was ad-rev.

Last edited:
Back