• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Little Athlon II that could :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is the place to adjust the HT Link Speed in bios. Take it off "Auto" and select 1800. Because you are overclocking with the system bus, it will show up as 1980 mhz. If you continue to increase the system bus, which is now at 220 mhz. you will want to set the HT Link Speed to 1600 in bios to keep it below 2000 mhz. What you set it to in bios will change as you change the system bus speed because the two are linked. The choices for HT Link Speed in bios are based on a system bus speed of 200 mhz.

Attachments

• HTLinkSpeed.JPG
    HTLinkSpeed.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
RESULTS, THANKS GUYS

So by your advice, I followed what was said. WOW how things have changed since I overclocked my pentium 3 LOL.

Thanks again, this is after an hour or so running Prime 95, then running super_pi_mod over that to test.

My temps are pretty good even with the SpinQ, no? May have something to do with the massive fans in my case.

Attachments

• 3480 (1440 x 810).jpg
    3480 (1440 x 810).jpg
    323 KB · Views: 112
At 640 mhz you are exceeding the rated speed of your ram (See JEDEC #4 in your first pics post), which is not necessarily a problem except that you should be relaxing your memory timings accordingly or reducing the base line frequency of your ram in bios. Also, watch your NBCPU frequency. At 2400 its probably maxed out. If you increase system bus speed any more you would probably want to scale it back a notch.

At 640 mhz you are exceeding the rated speed of your ram (See JEDEC #4 in your first pics post), which is not necessarily a problem except that you should be relaxing your memory timings accordingly or reducing the base line frequency of your ram in bios. Also, watch your NBCPU frequency. At 2400 its probably maxed out. If you increase system bus speed any more you would probably want to scale it back a notch.

Thanks, so up the multiplier to 15.5 (the max) and lower the NBCPU to stabilize things a bit and lower the ram a little?

Yeah, either lower the ram baseline speed or loosen the timings. Your are using system bus to overclock and since system bus and ram speed are linked together, when you raise the system bus you are also speeding up the ram. So, for instance, if in bios you have options to set ram to start at either 200, 266, 333, 400, 533 and your ram is rated at 533 you want to start it at a slower level (say 400) so that as you overclock you will not exceed the 533 rated speed. That way you can continue to increase the system bus speed to get your CPU faster without encountering instability due to ram limitations. Does that make sense? Now having said that, most ram will run a little faster than its rated speed if you give it a bump in voltage and/or relax the timings.

Back