• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Overclocktagon. Benchmarking Throwdowns!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jaymz & xSuperbgx still have 0 submissions in yet, and not sure if Bobnova is in on this or not (psu problems).

Console is a casualty of war, ssjwizard has banged up some good scores and Tech tweaker has impressed with some massive scores. All the scores are there to be beaten so get the 3200's fired up and take them down "if you're good enough" :escape:

I'm trying be life keeps gettin in the way. ended up having to work tonight but ill try and get some done when I get home. my initial testing seems to show I'm in trouble but I've never really tested my memory or board much either.

Tried chip #2 today and its a POS won't even make a 2.8 valid :mad: looks like I'm stuck with a crappy sub 3ghz validation :cry:

Y'all will probably hate me for this, sorry in advance.

My new UCBench 2011 submission: 87.4 MPT

My previous score was just so close to the leader for this CPU that I wanted to see if I could match (or beat) their score.

Tried chip #2 today and its a POS won't even make a 2.8 valid :mad: looks like I'm stuck with a crappy sub 3ghz validation :cry:

Ouch, sorry to hear that keny.

Tech that CPU of yours if like ****ing golden bro. Benching on air @ less than 1.6V scoring a gold cup, nice find!

Nice score mate, ssjwizard has said what I was thinking ”that chip is golden“ its running benches higher than anybody else can even validate. That ucb is going to take some beating. :shock:

Scores updated, and those are my final scores as i dont have time to do anything more, busy weekend ahead and ive already spent too much time sat at the bench (wifes nagging:argue:). I could not manage anything better than the measly cpu-z i have submitted and that was a gift as it usually would hard lock before 3ghz, but you win some you lose some and that chip is a dud along with the spare one i bought as a back up.i have enjoyed beating on this old hardware as theres no worries about frying some expensive hardware when pushing the volts as its not that expensive to replace even if it does go bang, win win

Mark:attn:

I still haven't received the board.
Hopefully it will not be a lesson learned.....( I bought on another site's classies.)
:(

:bang head

It looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me now.

Keny, this thing about you besting my "massive" scores within 24 hours of me posting them is becoming an ugly habit. It seems you know tweaks I'm not familiar with. How you're running with 256MB is a bit of a mystery.

And I saw what you did there, you waited until after you'd beaten my score to update the scores sheet. Cheeky little devil. :p

I know, I completely forgot to update them and when I went to put my final scores up I saw you're ucb post and thought sh1t I forgot to update that. I've had that ucb done for a few days, just not had time to submit it, and I spent the last few hrs trying to get a decent CPUz (which was a fail) as for the tweaks...... I made a short vid specifically for you as I knew you would want some insight, if I can remember my YouTube login I will bang it up for you as its way too big to upload to the forum...... You should be able to cripple me once you copy them (I'm too good to you lol)

This is looking somewhat less beatable with my Sempron. I'ma take a crack anyway, not getting anything productive done it seems. First up: adding MOSFET heatsinks to my AN7.

Found a PSU with the proper connectors, it's a review unit that I haven't load tested yet. Not the world's greatest plan, but if a Thortech 1200w Gold unit can't manage to run a 462 sempron I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Here you go Tech, try not to take notice of my crappy video skills and of the pink walls lol ! it used to be my daughters room :)

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClAPllpYOvg

Dang, gave me an error message saying it was private and wouldn't allow me to watch it.

It is a secret, after all :p

Actually, if it's that good it should go inside the lounge.

I'm running UCBench 2011 at 3.1GHz now.

Still isn't helping my scores, can't seem to get over 84 MPT now. :bang head

I have no idea what keny's magical tweak is. I haven't found a single tweak that results in any real noticeable difference in scores yet.

Tried high frequency on the memory with loose timings, low frequency on the memory with tight timings, somewhere in the middle with tighter timings, dual channel, single channel, priority changes (which always results in lower scores for me), 1GB sticks, 512MB sticks, Samsung TCCD, Winbond BH-5, Winbond CH-5, changes to the amount of threads, the type of cipher used, etc.

My bad on the video..... I uploaded it as private to you tube and thought if you had the addy you could watch it :facepalm: obviously not !!!! I will fix that in a bit, there's no tweak for ucb other than the ones we already know, and theres no ucb on the vid,its just the settings I use for wp32 to help Techtweaker out.. If anybody thinks the vid should beoved to the lounge I will post the link in the LBB and you can grab it from there.

Back