• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Overclocktagon. Benchmarking Throwdowns!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
In fact I think super is going to organise a AM2 comp once this one is finished so it may be best to hold of on the AM2 until later.

got the chip, now to figure out how to get a gpu in my ultra d. the sink I had to put on the chipset makes the top slot useless pretty much ( the x1300 I have would tuck between the fins but I left it up with Matt as his only gpu with a heatsink may be dead). I think I have to mess with jumpers to get the bottom slot working if I remember right or dremel the sink to fit my 5450

My updated wPrime 32M score: 55.031
Nice :thup: & added to scores. There's not much submitting going on, c'mon guys no bagging, or if you feel the need to bag, just bang some scores up so people have got something to aim at, I've got a ucb done, but I'm at work and can't submit from here (plus the screens on my flash at home) I will update my ucb when I get home.

New wPrime 32m score: 54.468sec

It took me three hours to find the right settings to get under 55sec. Three different kinds of memory later... Tried TCCD, a different batch of TCCD, then BH-5, and then ended up back with the original set of TCCD.:facepalm: It's like I should have never switched memory around at all. Darn thing kept wanting to run 57s for some reason, just getting it below that was a challenge.

I don't know jack about wPrime 32m, it's probably the benchmark I'm least familiar with of the one's I've ran. Apparently there are little to no tweaks for it and information is extremely lacking on what can have any affect on it. Of the benchmarks' I've ran this is probably the most frustrating, for more than one reason.

Last edited:
Nice score .... I will take it down tomorrow :screwy: lol

I will update the scores when I get access to a pc as I'm using a mobile right now.

I feel you on that one Tech, im thorough 3 of my 4 sets of RAM right now and Im missing my first set already. Im not sure if Ill have time to really go after much better than what ill be posting below. I dont know if its the board or the chip but even with more volts this chip does not like to do much of anything above 2.8Ghz. I did manage to pound out a 3050Mhz CPU validation after 2+ hours of tuning the rig today. Im bringing a new wPrime score of 57. I want to revisit UC Bench but I dont think I will have the time.

CPU-Z
WPrime
UCB

I did, in fact, sell my last PSU that fits this AN7. Going to have to do something about that.
Probably something like make an adapter.

Damn you ! Lol

The feeling is mutual. JK LOL :D

Keny, I've gone from stumped to dumbfounded.

How are you pulling off these sick scores?

53.719 on wPrime 32m? Really?

When I saw that, after taking so long to try to match your old score, my jaw nearly hit the floor.

And I'm serious, if there's some tweak you're using that I don't know about I sure would like to know what it is, because I'm really stumped. Only thing I can come up with is that my benching OS is Windows XP and you seem to be running Windows 7. Well, that and you're running slow memory with tight timings. Okay, and you're running an SSD whereas I'm using a 7200RPM HDD.

This is just frustrating the hell out of me.

Oh, and could you upload a pic of your rig keny?

Last edited:
The feeling is mutual. JK LOL :D

Keny, I've gone from stumped to dumbfounded.

How are you pulling off these sick scores?

53.719 on wPrime 32m? Really?

When I saw that, after taking so long to try to match your old score, my jaw nearly hit the floor.

And I'm serious, if there's some tweak you're using that I don't know about I'd sure would like to know what it is, because I'm really stumped. Only thing I can come up with is that my benching OS is Windows XP and you seem to be running Windows 7. Well, that and you're running slow memory with tight timings. Okay, and you're running an SSD whereas I'm using a 7200RPM HDD.

This is just frustrating the hell out of me.

Oh, and could you upload a pic of your rig keny?
Its classified ! I could tell you but then I would have to kill you LOL.

No really, I came across some strange things when beating on wp32 this afternoon (I actually got a 53.1 but couldn't pull of a ss before it crashed :fight: ) I found that if I ran a faster clock 2.94ghz (that's my max by the way) I got worse scores, go figure..... It seemed like ~2.9 yielded me the best scores, idk if it has something to do with the mem clock but I ran 250mhz mem with no improvement. I think my chips dieing as it won't make 3ghz now, yet at the start of the week I could bench at 2.99ghz, and my back up from eBay has just refunded me saying there out of stock :shock:

There's a little more but that's secret :D

Anyone up for a 'duel'? I have an 850 (AMD), which is pretty rare in OCF(cause it sucks). The 840 is basically the same thing, but more people seem to own one so yeah - 840/850 owners, lets battle!

Back