• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unknown CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh my cheese its! You got an entire working computer (minus the psu) with an ES QX6850 and a Striker II mobo? That would be my main rig! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

If he's not computer literate, how did you wind up with a StrikerII board and a Intel ES chip?

I'd bet the someone who built it for him and snuck it in as it was probably the fastest cpu at the time it was built. You need a decent system for simulating fire spreading though buildings, lots of horse power for sure.

Wow. Thats an awesome find. I would just check to see what Intel would give you to get their hands back on that chip. But if you're bent on selling it I would follow previous advice and check ebay and all over the web. Lucky son of a gun. I never come across stuff like that.:mad::temper:

If he's not computer literate, how did you wind up with a StrikerII board and a Intel ES chip?

The guy just buys extreme high end pc's for his work. He isn't interested in how they work as long as their the best he can buy.
Cost no object, I guess.

I'd bet the someone who built it for him and snuck it in as it was probably the fastest cpu at the time it was built. You need a decent system for simulating fire spreading though buildings, lots of horse power for sure.
Yeah wondering about how the ES got in there....

Fastest CPU...heh a regular retail one is just as fast. Anyway, I want his contacts.

Back