• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua PWND!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rofl. Yeah the via aqua is an interesting pump. I've had it break before but not like that :D
fbd9d773.jpg

that looks like it took some low voltage.
i have a transform that looks just like that when i power problems in the store i run. voltage would drop down to something like 60v which made the amprage increase like crazy killing a few refrigerators and transformers.

Heh, I did notice you ran it inline instead of submerged like the manual says not to in 2 different places.....now we know why the manual says that. ;)

Just had to point that out.

After popping off the barb, i grabbed a hold of the fan and gave it a good twist.
*Snap* there went the impeller rod. Opps. So i got the impeller off, and looked down inside (see before spike). Down in there i found little flakes of this stuff (see gorilla).

I determine that the Gorilla Glue i used for the impeller mod (bad idea btw) had somehow regluified itself and seeped down between the solenoid and the impeller magnet.

So i break it down M.C Hammer style (see hammer time). To no avail i smash the hell out of the casing to try and crack it open.

So then i grab a railroad tie style nail and go to town on the magnet in hopes to pry it free (see after spike). Also to no avail.

Moral of the story, "Don't eat your buggers when you're sick"

-David

Attachments

• impeller.JPG
    impeller.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 174
  • hammer time.JPG
    hammer time.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 174
  • gorilla.JPG
    gorilla.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Before spike.JPG
    Before spike.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 171
  • after spike.JPG
    after spike.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 178
9mmCensor said:
In OCF tradition you really shot set it on fire and or shot it.

Sounds good to me.

And there was much burnination, and the peoples rejoiced.

Hahahah, this is a pretty funny thread, especially the beano picture..

I ordered a Via Aqua 10 days ago, should be getting it.. tomorrow :) I hope I have better luck with it than you did.

turns out that the glue i used also was the culprit of some haziness i've seen lately in my tubing. yay! pwnd again!

he glued the thing to the other thing...only mod i've heard of for this pump.
he used a glue that diddnt like water, apparently :)

Aqua pWned... hehe, brilliant. Either that or "Glue gone Wild!" Good luck with your next pump.

Turns out that the glue also left some nasty residue all over everything... So i'm replacing the tubing and water.

Any ideas on cleaning the insides of my blocks?

:(
David

only thing that I can think of that will clean glue good is paint thinner but I'm not sure how paint thinner will affect your block.

Back