• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua PWND!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Diggrr said:
Heh, I did notice you ran it inline instead of submerged like the manual says not to in 2 different places.....now we know why the manual says that. ;)

:eek: oh crap :bang head

uh oh.... hmmm

yea

/me runs away

lol, gorilla glue is porous as hell man, im not surprised it died! I dont think its that waterproof either. Probably seized the impeller, and the coils overheated, as was said.

hehehe good thing they're cheap over there, eh?

They're like 30$US here :(

Don't be too scared.

The glue prolly gummed up the works, slowed the impeller, and boosted the amperage draw. The lack of external cooling spelt it's demise, though I'm not an EE or ME.
That's my theory anyway....not like I've fed glue into my impeller (mine runs unmodded, in a reservior, long time joe).

I would put it in a res though, but that's just me.

Gorilla glue is a polyurethane glue and is definitely not the glue to use for this application. Yes, it’s waterproof. However, Gorilla glue tries to expand as it cures and parts must be clamped together. Cured Gorilla glue that has expanded is like a hardened foam, like the kind used for insulation or as packing material. As someone said, in this condition it is porous, and it’s not very strong. It chips away easily.

The impeller mod is definitely a job for epoxy. Better yet, buy a quality pump instead.

Back