• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 7+ or 9 ? (plz help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Apostolos-Pap

Registered
Which of these two HSF is the better?
I think of buying a Volcano 9.
Is it a good heatsink?
Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have heard that AX-7 is also very good.
Which fan to put on AX-7?
Note that i will put AS3 too.

The volcano 7+ is slightly better than the 9 but is also slightly more expensive. The volcano 9 comes with a Tt SmartFan II, one of, if not the best 80mm fan around.
THe ax7 has better performance out of the 3 you mentioned, and I would recommend a SmartFan II to go with it.

However, the best heatsink for socket A at the moment is the slk800. An all copper sink with no fan. If you get this, the smartfan II is stil la good combination with it.

If you're looking for some heavy duty cooling without unbelievable noise, get the best heatsink you can find (slk800 probably, unless you need something cheaper) and the smart fan 2 (the fan that comes with volc 9, but buy it separately)

i want to overclock my cpu.
i want the maximum overclock with te lowest temps.

Apostolos-Pap said:
i want to overclock my cpu.
i want the maximum overclock with te lowest temps.

Get slk800, then. And the smart fan 2, or, if you're not worried about noise, a vantec tornado.

i was gonna get the slk800 but its damn expensive (sounds like a freaking mercedes for all sake).

anyway, the ax7 should be as good enough to get an 1600 to 1.8ghz.

the ax-7 will be much better than any volcano out there.
go with that and good luck!

just got the ax-7. what a monstrosity!! it is not as heavy as i have heard. bought the V9 a couple of days ago. god i have been bored these days. i don't know whether i want to install it with the smart fan off of the V9 or go and get a tornado to slap on top of it. we'll see how bored i am by the end of today. anyone have the ax-7 and a smart fan?

THe ax7 has better performance out of the 3 you mentioned, and I would recommend a SmartFan II to go with it.

I'm with Lazerin - good cooling, good control and not too much noise - nocks the socks off the V9 I had before.

i am asking again: is the combination of an AX-7 with delta fan 6800 rpm 68cfm good?

lazerin said:
The volcano 7+ is slightly better than the 9 but is also slightly more expensive. The volcano 9 comes with a Tt SmartFan II, one of, if not the best 80mm fan around.

However, the best heatsink for socket A at the moment is the slk800. An all copper sink with no fan. If you get this, the smartfan II is stil la good combination with it.

SOLD!! going to try it now. will take the V9 smart fan II off and slap it on the ax-7.

Apostolos-Pap said:
i am asking again: is the combination of an AX-7 with delta fan 6800 rpm 68cfm good?

no idea. have you ever owned a delta fan? i have the now infamous 'black label' 38cfm 7k screamer. it is loud, but IMHO not as loud as the smart fan. noise does not bother me. i would take noise over anything to gain performance.
i say note what others have said about the ax-7 with smart fan II or the vantec tornado or the badboy slk-800 with the tornado or the 80mm delta. really? it is up to you and what you are trying to achieve. me? i am just bored. the V9 i have is only 4 days old!
;)

Back