• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltages and Cooling.. (Xp2100+)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey,
Finally I heard from the store that I'm getting the XP2100+ from, it will be here by tommorow (Yey!). now I really want to get seriously into OC'ing.. :D

Now, they have no SK-7 in stock :mad: so what I might take is a V9 (they have that or the V7+, but I can't bare its noise)

Volatges, hmm.. as I understood in order to OC to high FSBs you need to increse the voltage of the CPU and/or the memory.
reffer to my cooling (V9 with SmartFanII) how high can I set the Vcore to? I really don't wat to risk the CPU and to decrease its life hard, I'm planing on it for atleast 2 years. Btw, I will be using an EPoX 8RDA+.

PS. what's VDD mod?

Thanks!!
Suma (Tom :D)

Hmm... thanks,
but I really need some1 to get more specific :D

Can anybody help me?

Tom.

if you want 2 years life on a chip with aircooling id say 1.8-1.85v and 50c should be the max of either.

imo 1.85v will still have a good long life.some say im wrong but im not them.long as it stays below 50c at all times and at full load it will survive.

case temps and airflow will add to this so good design and placement is crucial.
also i advise a good copper hs.

Hmm..
dude, I'm using SLK600 + Delta 60mm with the Volcano 7+ speed controller on low (silent!!) and the temps are 29-31C
(No OC done, with a close case)

Back