• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock Lapping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gone_fishin said:
Jumping from 600 to 1500 is a big step, get some 1000 at least before trying the 1500.
like i said.. 400, 600, and 1500 were all i could find.

RIght, you want to use even pressure and press firmly on the block when lapping it, but you don't want to press so hard that you're gonna have imprints from the top of the heatsink on ur hands for days.... :p

If you clog up the 600 grit... Meaning don't rinse it of for a long time and use a small spot over and over, then you can get a fine finish from that. Then the 1500 can finish the job if you feel you need to go that high.

You will need some pressure... Kind of have to get the feel for it. If you just use the block's wheight, you'll have to lap for days.

Shroomer said:
You will need some pressure... Kind of have to get the feel for it. If you just use the block's wheight, you'll have to lap for days.
well that would probably explain why it was taking me so long. :(

i'll mess with it a bit tomorrow and see if i can improve anything.

I'm not sure what grit i was using when i lapped mine, but it had been used before and very worn down, it felt slicker than a piece of paper... lol maybe thats why mine looks and feels really smooth

Back