• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WaterBlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As for the clips being hard to put-on... It is really REALLY REALLY difficult the first time but the sencond time it was ALOT easier compared to the first time. So saying that, IMO, 5002-p is an awesome block for people who are new to WC. It's just one less thing that he has to worry about, (and worry seems like the major factor for people new to WC) but I do agree about the advantage of hole-mounting stated above...

In any case, you will be happy with your 5002-p.

Before getting a Danner Mag 3, please use the search and look at all the pump failures of that pump. I know that those incidents don't occur to some people but you'd have to be very careful with the pump nevertheless.

In my case, I decided to go with L30 as its as reliable as 1250 but not as expensive.

Iam getting the Via pump instead because its cheaper.
I have a question ont he swiftech waterblock. If it snaps on easily on the p4 socket without removing the black thingy...then why does it come with clips?

Out of all the cheaper pumps, I would strongly suggest this. It's extremely quiet, unlike the Via Aqua, and doesn't have any fitting problems, like the Danners. It's half the cost of a Hydor L30. Although they are not well known in watercooling circles, Pentair Aquatics is a very reputable brand as well.

Ditch the resevoir. Fill and bleed your system inside a tupperware container, and then close the loop. A radiator and fan combo shouldn't cost you more than $30, either.

A unpainted rad with shroud costs 46.99 at dtek..i dont wanna run it without resvoir because iam newbie lol

I have a question ont he swiftech waterblock. If it snaps on easily on the p4 socket without removing the black thingy...then why does it come with clips?

Oh ya the pump u recommended the 1200 series, which costs 24.99...does it pump more than the mag2? and does it take 1/2 ID tubing?

This is my first watercooling system as well, but I didn't use a res, and I never looked back. I do use a res to fill and bleed the system, though, and I don't use a T-Line like most people. I just put the pump in a large tupperware container, turn it on, and 30 seconds later, connect the tubing. It couldn't be any easier. I don't see any reason to actually keep a resevoir. The Quiet One 1200's specs are very close to the Mag Drive 2, and the performance of each should be about identical. You need to buy fittings to screw on to it, though, so it can take whatever tubing you want it to. Just take the pump to a hardware store and buy a 1/2" ID fitting for it.

Most of the pumps that people conventionally use generally perform on par with one another. What sets certain pumps apart from one another are their noise levels, size, convenience, and reliability, all of which the Quiet One excels in.

P-Q curves should be considered as well.

PQ curves1.JPG

Read up on this a bit.
http://www.procooling.com/articles/html/pump_comparison__-_phaestus__1.php

Man i still cannot make up a watercooling kit for 150 after 1 hour of configuring!!!
I even used the cheapest pump and it still cost over 150!!
The shipping charges were horrible
Can anyone configure me one for under 160 that ACTUALLY uses a resvoir, a inline pump, and a raditor. It MUST have the raditor.
Hope fully u can find me a waterblock that uses the p4 retention black thingy.

Okay i got the pump and the waterblock configured.

Can anyone find me a Rad + Shroud and 1/2 inch 10 feet atleast tubing and 10 horse clamps for under 60 dollars atleast?

Chevette heatercore from an auto parts store - ~$15
Shroud from DTek - $15 (if you don't want to make one yourself for cheaper)
10ft of 1/2" ID Clearflex 1/8" Wall from McMaster - $6.50
10 Hose Clamps...from Home Depot, can't be more than $7

Total: $43.50

lol i should have mentioned ALL parts must be online...i cant goto a auto part store because my house is located like in a country side. I gotta go 30 minutes into town just to find auto store

also can u tell me where u found the clearfex tubing?
i cant find it on mcmaster

Back