• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I added to my cooling arsenal. They arrived Friday, and I hooked it to a res and a psu, and have been running clean out since then.

The Laing D-5 Vario got a good cleaning, a coat of armor-all, a repainted bracket and a new neoprene pad.
The Swifty 6002 got all cleaned inside and out, and lapped too. Hopefully it will be an 1150 block before too long.
The MCR360 got a good flushing as well. The blue res water was a big surprise, so I flushed it all for 3 days straight, changing water 6 times.

New camera :clap: Better then phone!

View attachment 148972

Nice camera! Got the same one almost 2 years ago. Works like a charm and takes very nice pics. Worth the money without blowing the bank on a higher end one.

Nice scren Pierre. I'm on my second one in two days. Started with the Sony KDL50W800B and wasn't liking it. So went a little nuts.

View attachment 148953

View attachment 148954

Damn man... Yeah have to agree little nuts is a very big understatement with that beast you have there. Now the question is how does it handle? :)

More like understatement of the decade!:shock: Awesome purchase there Daleon....:drool:

Thanks, I am loving it.

Now the question is how does it handle? :)

Its the greatest Windows experience I've ever had. Sat in front of a 27" 1080p this morning and I swear at first I thought the resolution was f'd up and I was looking at 800x600 or something. My eyes are totally adjusted to 4K now.

Gaming so far is surprisingly good. World of Tanks is incredible and runs great. D3 is a little weird. Everything feels very large. It fits the screen well and looks great but I don't think its made to look good at that res. Runs ok, fraps puts my still above 100 most of the time but doesn't feel perfectly smooth. Firefall was one of the biggest omg moments. The game has never been what I would call very good looking and I always played it at max everything. At 4K its mind blowing good looking. Star Citizen is still a killer, but at med I can get a nicely playable 25-30 fps, but maxed out in the hanger even at 15 fps it looks gorgeous.

BF4 was a total fail, just black screen. Will try Titan Fall out next.

New mice for the work and home machines. I go through Razer DeathAdder's about every 6-8 months, buttons wear out, but they have always been the most comfortable. Saw Sharkoon in store and it looked pretty nice, found really cheap on Amazon and thought give it a try. Initial feelings, really nice. Great rubberized feel, fast easy to hit dpi adjustment. Very solid. Been wanting to go back to wireless mouse at home for a while but after the Logitech MX Revolution debacle I had years ago it really killed my tastes for it. Giving you one more shot Logitech, the G700s better not be a pos.

Mouse.jpg

WiiU stuff! Wait, I don't have a WiiU... guess I have to get one now. Played some Mario Kart in store and damn if it didn't really impress. Zelda Hyrule Warriors and SSB coming and really want to play the new Mario games so why not. Amazon had all these for super cheap so I will have something to play when I do get the WiiU.

WiiU.jpg

Finally got myself a proper gaming laptop...

Specs:
i7 4710MQ
8GB DDR3 1800MHz
2 x 860M in SLI
256GB mSATA SSD
1TB HDD

I have dubbed it, "The Brute" :D

Attachments

• DSC_0250.jpg
    DSC_0250.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0251.jpg
    DSC_0251.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
That looks awesome!

(Its specs also speak to about 10 minutes of battery life when gaming. :p )

That looks awesome!

(Its specs also speak to about 10 minutes of battery life when gaming. :p )

Oh for sure, since it's SLI the GPU's can't power down to save power either. I didn't buy it to use on the battery tho... hell, I've removed the battery and just run off the power supply (which is also huge). Makes my night shifts go by a lot quicker... currently playing Dark Souls 2 on it and it's simply awesome, every game I've tried on it so far runs perfectly!

I got an Arduino and touchscreen LCD panel from Adafruit, plus a bunch of other stuff from them.

IMG_1266.jpg

What are you going to do with those?
I'm going to do some sort of programming with the Arduino and likely touch the screen for the other part. ;) I have an idea of what I want to do, but I have a bit of research/learning before I can even start to implement it.

Got these to replace my ageing USB 2.0 flash reader and drive dock. Good speeds on both very satisfied with the purchase.

Attachments

• 092cf01b503b40885b0f81d1787decd9.png
    092cf01b503b40885b0f81d1787decd9.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 232
  • ebe8594de4b1d6cc98926d55524303c5.png
    ebe8594de4b1d6cc98926d55524303c5.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 229
Just bought these today, a Kingston HX Pro Gaming headset and, yes, my 2nd CM Storm Novatouch TKL keyboard....

20140910_163008_zps68166266.jpg

I was going to get a nice set of levers for mine but, because I ride offroad, they can sometimes get broken. I modeled up my levers in TinkerCad and printed out a pair. Now if I need/want a different shape of contour or different color, i just open the file and print some out.

I was going to get a nice set of levers for mine but, because I ride offroad, they can sometimes get broken. I modeled up my levers in TinkerCad and printed out a pair. Now if I need/want a different shape of contour or different color, i just open the file and print some out.

They strong enough?

Back