• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I see you purchased one too many. I would be glad to help ease you of that burden.

I see you purchased one too many. I would be glad to help ease you of that burden.

Heh, opened one so far to do some testing. Had an issue yesterday with the latest NV driver. It killed my 4k@60hz with the 780ti. Same thing now with the 980. Switching sources to another hdmi and back fixes it, but reboot kills it again. Lots of ppl on Geforce forums also finding this. Hopefully NV gets it fixed quick.

Was just going to get 970's since in SLI they would be enough, but in any games that didn't support SLI well a single 970 wouldn't be. Don't think NV is going to be pushing out a ti that fast, not until AMD puts something better. Will see how the single 980 handles my games before I bust open the 2nd, if I need more frames I will just live with the extra costs.

Last edited:
Playing mostly ArcheAge now. Before I had to drop down to DX9 and bring draw distances in a notch. Still looked sharped and kept me at a well playable 35-50 fps avg. With one 980 turned everything back up and DX11 and man it looks good but avg of 30 fps or less. Still fairly playable but not great. So stuck 2nd one in. Nightmare again with getting no signal. Nothing I do seems to get me 4k@60hz now. Running at 30hz the game plays beautifully avg 60 fps but the tearing is terrible. Draw back to being bleeding edge.

*UPDATE*
Woohoo someone posted steps to get 4K@60hz working and its looking good so far.

Last edited:
Awesome. What is the process of it all (Installation, other included necessities and how much did it cost and will you take pictures for us when all is said and done?

I'm making the leap!

I got the beginnings of my water set-up.

Swiftech
MCR320-XP
MCR220-XP
MCP35X
MCP35X-RES REV2B
MCW82 GPU block

Bits power and Enzotech barbs

Thank you to Stainlineho for the sale!

Attachments

• 20141010_173833.jpg
    20141010_173833.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 243
Bought a couple of audio related stuff:
Audio Technica ATH-AD700X
ath-ad700x_zps20174540.jpg
A JVC HA-FXZ100 IEM for when I'm out and about:
jvciem_zpse35a35d1.jpg
Last but not least, a game that stresses a system and fun to play to boot.
MESoM_zps316fbc24.jpg

not really computer related but i ordered these yesterday for my 03 Outback H6
Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 found them for $145 a tire shipped.. way better than the other sites i found that were at least a $100 more total for all 4

and i picked up the GTZ wheels..the other two are black so these may or may not get some black treatment depending on how many ***** i give.

IMAG0384_zpsf7ff6c47.jpg

IMAG0387_zps9f5e86f4.jpg

IMAG0388_zpsc28135ea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i didn't but what ever..color got messed up with the youtube link. guess it messed with the rest i never looked at it afterwards.

Um...no. Don't forget we can see the original post as it was reported; not to mention we can see edit histories, so the edit before RT fixed your post is still right there. It had nothing to do with the youtube link. You just avoided the swear filter, plain & simple. Don't try to say you didn't. If you need to be reminded of your original post via PM, I'm happy to oblige. :rolleyes:

Couple small items. The wife needed a larger microsd for her camera, errr, phone and I ran out of TIM. I plan on doing much ore benching so I wanted something a little better than AS5 and in a larger tube. I settled on GELID GC Supreme.
20141014_231335.jpg

OK, i got this 3 box yesterday, didn't got a chance to post pics until today :)

DSCN2380.JPG

From the top box
SteelSeries Siberia Elite Dolby 7.1 surround sound headset and a Rosewill 5.25" card reader

DSCN2382.JPG

From the Newegg box
500gb Samsung 840 evo ssd
ASUS RT AC68U wireless AC1900 router
2 Edimax AC1200 802.11AC adapter
2 Logisys 6 channel fan controller (i like manual fan controller)

DSCN2385.JPG

From a giant third box that have a smile on it :)
2 Corsair AX1200I PSU
Razer DeathAdder World of Tanks mouse(i'm a big fan of WoT)
Window 7 ultimate 64bit
OCZ RevoDrive 3 480gb PCI-E ssd
Razer Goliathus mouse pad

DSCN2390.JPG

Back