• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can post a picture of my workstation if you want a comparison to show your wife to put you in a better light.

I would post pictures of my disaster area, but it's a bit much. My speakers are 4 ft. tall and the amp is the size of two Optiplex PCs and the CD player is the size of one Optiplex, and my "monitor" is 43". LOL. Yeah, I live alone. :)

I got it 2 years ago but here it is, half assembled. (it's a bit of a process to build one of these)

rostock.jpg

Well since the picture also shows a box of crackers.. I am assuming this is an auto-spreader for assorted cheeses or peanut butter.. seems a big large, but it might not be to scale with the camera angles.. hmmm

Got two free (legal) licenses of Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, one from a friend who works in the industry has some special microsoft account and and one from my school's DreamSpark.

Now I just need that 88 core Supermicro build I've been wanting.

Get this free for review, not sure if I will resell it after. Kinda wanted the nzxt x52 since it had an infinity mirror on it.

DSC02904.JPG

I didn't take any pics yet, but I just got a sky setup since my wife forced my hand at christmas.. she thought it'd be cute to buy me a processor i was looking at on amazon (6600K).. so i just figured.. what the hell and got the rest to update the rig in my sig.

asrock extreme6
evga supernova g2 650
samsung 850 pro 512GB
g.skill trident z 2x8gb 3200
AS5 - needed some new tim
icy dock ez-fit adapter for ssd
5x locking sata cables
noctua nm-i115x kit (for d14 conversion)

Gonna use my HAF case and gut her.. clean her out.. add another fan or two and use the existing gtx 960 for now. I know the SSD was overkill for the non m.2 pro, but i liked the warranty since the m.2 pro was too much and im not benching etc.. so normal sata is fine for now... and the G2 is also overkill but got a sweet deal to get it down to 65 bucks.. so couldn't pass it up.

Hoping to be able to pull a 4.5 OC with my d14 holding her in check and the tridents should be able to go over 3200..

still waiting for my d14 adapter to arrive so I can start testing.. hoping to find someone with a reasonable price on a matx 1366 board so I can keep my old girl alive for my kids to use.. the evga is either dying on me or the IMC on the chip itself is dying, but I dont have a way to find out yet less someone has a loaner board :)

Hoping to get some pics after its all setup..see how it pans out.

Finally got some half decent ram for my almost obsolete gaming rig :D
crucial-ballistix-tactical-1866-16gb.jpg

I figured it was cheap enough and with Zen right around the corner my wifes "new" computer needed quicker ram :rofl:

But.... it's 100% faster for mobile devices.... :rofl:

*not making fun of your purchase, I just find advertising amusing and ridiculous.

Last edited:
A 120mm case fan in Unit 1 is getting a bit obnoxious, well, more than one, but anyway, I thought I'd step out and pay too much for a MagLev to replace it. This should be interesting. This curious mind wants to know.
Corsair MagLev.jpg

Back