• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"No highs, no lows-must be Blose!" Yeah, I've got a fair idea what you're referring to. LOL Got in to a discussion with a guy at hh gregg one time and he tried to convince me I should get rid of my Paradigm Studio 60s and get some Bose 901s. I passed on that.

Actually, the problem Bose had was good bass, but horrible midrange and possibly lacking treble...

Regarding OEM head units, for mids, I liked the one in the 2015/2016 Ford Focus (And probably Edge as well) and the one in the 2014 Toyota Tacoma sucks, because there's no graphical equalizer... (Only bass and treble)

I also like the 2014 Dodge Journey's as well, fully featured, not too stripped down.

Actually, the problem Bose had was good bass, but horrible midrange and possibly lacking treble...

I enjoy my BOSE PC speakers. I've also experienced the home theater setups as well. They are great for acoustics. If you want heavy metal, lots of mids and bass, they aren't for those folks. I like hearing clarity. I will also add, it took my ears and brain some time getting used to them. I felt a little annoyed at first but love them now. I don't think I'll ever not go BOSE. I also feel Klispch builds great speakers as well that has lots of mid and bass. It's really a different design. The BOSE speakers only give you highs and some mids and the base unit is suppose to do the rest. You need a decent setup of said room to get the right sound out of the package.

I enjoy my BOSE PC speakers. I've also experienced the home theater setups as well. They are great for acoustics. If you want heavy metal, lots of mids and bass, they aren't for those folks. I like hearing clarity. I will also add, it took my ears and brain some time getting used to them. I felt a little annoyed at first but love them now. I don't think I'll ever not go BOSE. I also feel Klispch builds great speakers as well that has lots of mid and bass. It's really a different design. The BOSE speakers only give you highs and some mids and the base unit is suppose to do the rest. You need a decent setup of said room to get the right sound out of the package.

Klipsch FTW. I was testing one of their models at the Lebanon, NH BestBuy... The most balanced out-of-the-box...

the problem Bose had was good bass

But I'm kind of picky and Bose does the job for a lot of people, so, better sound through marketing has it's adherents.

Seriously, their stuff is perfectly adequate for a lot of people. Not everyone wants to dump thousands of dollars in to audio gear. It's kind of (almost exactly) like the PC vs. console issue. I'm getting dangerously close to dragging audio forum debates here, though, so I'll leave it at that.

Do it. I will contribute 100% I have small Klipsch PC Speakers driven by a small Teac Amp/Sub combo now. Already too loud for an apartment. Many use HTPC. It'd be as useful as a Monitor thread.

Last edited:
My system is my HTPC, music server, gaming rig, everything-else. My monitor is a 43" Toshiba TV. But I live alone, so two 70 lb. speakers flanking my gear and playing War Thunder in the living room isn't an issue. Wives, girlfriends, SOs, could be a different story. :eek:

Last edited:
Ya hold off on starting that thread. Five minutes into it will lead to a decision that will get me kicked out of every apartment complex in Clackamas County! Who? Michael Rainwater.....**** NO All bad.

Got this HS/Fan for $17 to replace the Intel i3 HS/Fan I was using in the mini ITX to cool the 8-thread Haswell-Xeon CPU. Easy install, quiet, cools nicely.

Xeon ITX HS-Fan.jpg

That's a lot of Potentiometers. How many GPU's do you have now?

A box full, most of them unfortunately untouched. Really though I bought it this way for the selection of different values as I'm not sure what I need exactly. I also found that by the time I bought a few of them singly I will have just spent as much as buying the set.

I got some water cooling parts I ordered from BugFreak in our classies. The Alphacool 360mmx 60mm rad will be outside in the cold for benching and the XSPC Rasa will replace my EK full copper. The Rasa will be my daily and the Full Copper will be my cold bench block.

20170120_155521.jpg

Edit: pic added

new to me mountain mods ufo case, this thing is like brand new!!!!!!!!
just have to figure out how to fly it past the little bee.....

Back