• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2MB unformatted capacity, 1.44MB after formatting.

I recall during the Atari ST days, and possibly during DOS era, you could use non-standard format to increase capacity. Like using 11 instead of 9 sectors per track, I think were the values.

hmm I recall having both 1.44's and 2's in my days of using them. none of which I recall having to format prior to using them. maybe when erasing them but oh well still a blast from the past.

You can buy them pre-formatted which is a time saver. I still have a stash of them at work, although thankfully the last piece of equipment I use which needed one is long gone.

I just bought a Sabrent USB floppy drive a couple months ago to enable me to finally go through my stash of 100-200 3.5" floppies and pull anything remotely useful from them before destroying them.

I wish there was a SATA floppy disk drive, when did SATA come out like 2001? That's totally still floppy era-range. Can't seem to find any =P. Or at least internal USB ones. I also heard there were 3.5" 2.88mb floppies in development or already out by the time the medium was wholly discontinued.

Oh yeah here's my setup now with the h80i v2 installed, the amount of AIO liquid cooler spam is getting ridiculous but meh lazy is as lazy does

cqtXKOh.jpg

There are some parts in the mail from funsoul for a media server and I needed some bits.
NCIX had the PSU for 10 bucks off and then a 20 mail in rebate so I paid 40 bucks for for it. Good price up here in the frozen north.
Cheap boot drive for 65 bucks..... just need a case and I am all set.

IMG_20170207_164809.jpg

I got a new video card to stick in my seriously not new case. :) Got the card from the Classifieds, thanks noname2020x!

100_0600.JPG
100_0606.JPG

100_0607.JPG
100_0608.JPG
Don't even think about stealing my Win2k key! lol

Last edited:
I would seriously block that key. Never show a key online. Not worried about us but the interwebs can be one big nasty place.

Love the case btw. Got a dark colored version. Just can't stand the whine from the 90mm fans. :D

Good point Jack. I didn't think about the rest of the internet. :)

My other case is a Rocketfish Lian Li from '07.

You never know, someone might have an overwhelming desire to run 3dMark2001 or PCMark2002 on a socket 423 pentium 4. And what better o/s is there to use for that? Lol

You never know, someone might have an overwhelming desire to run 3dMark2001 or PCMark2002 on a socket 423 pentium 4. And what better o/s is there to use for that? Lol

XP benches both of those better than 2K. ;)
I have the same case in black BTW. My daily resides in it.

I had that same case in a rather fetching shade of... brown. It's still being used by my son in law, it originally had an Athlon 2000 in it, currently it houses an i7 6700k.

Back