• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanatec finally released a decent firmware for my new wheel....I'm really enjoying it now :D

This was from an online race I ran with the club I'm a part of.
It was a truck/SUV only race (A600). :rock:

Darn it miah, I just got my paycheck yesterday and it could easily cover a new 360 and a copy of 4za......

Welp, looks like I'm gonna see about that this afternoon. If I can pick up a heatbox for cheap enough I'll see to it that I bumpdraft you in forza within two weeks.

Who was that cobblestone that kept shutting the door on you? I only watched half of the first lap or so but I would have tapped him off after that happening twice.

Well, it is MILITARY TOUGH, so it should be fine.

Heh!

See what this has to offer:D,i dont think anyone on the team has benched on of these yet so at least a few points to be had;)

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
uThe chip destined to take the 1x pcm05 1st place global:

DSC03091.JPG

These chips are $40 at the egg, but worth huge points in single core, and all it takes is a good refclock motherboard and LN2:

These three benches are worth 732 GTPP:
http://hwbot.org/submission/2237178_amin_caragt2_wprime_32m_sempron_145_22sec_859ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2237227_amin_caragt2_wprime_1024m_sempron_145_733sec_359ms
http://hwbot.org/submission/2233522_stevero_pcmark_2005_sempron_145_21680_marks

I won't be putting up any big points in anything other than PCM05 1x with this chip, until I find myself a motherboard that can do ~450+ base clock. The CIVE tops out around 415 reflclock, so it won't do.

415 is pretty good. I didn't think they could do that much. I should be working on all of those this weekend.

415 is pretty good. I didn't think they could do that much. I should be working on all of those this weekend.

415 is pretty good - you've already done it! :D That's what made me realize how much the chip is worth, it blew my socks off when I saw your wprime submission. :)

Well, I suppose it's not a "toy", but it is absolutely necessary for using a toy. On the right in the photo you're about to see is the venerable F1 Dark. Unfortunately Vince forgot to include the neoprene that goes around it. You need stuff with a 2-5/8" inner diameter and 1/2" thickness.

Easy enough, so I went to order some and....you can only get it in 6' quantities! So, here we have a decent size pot (with extension!) vs. ZOMG!!!!! insulation.

insulation-vs-f1dark.jpg

6' will-call at Grainger is only $10.50 or so with tax, so now I have plenty of extra. Will help team members in need too of course. :thup:

It will last a while, but it does wear out with use. I have like 11 feet of the stuff left too, except 2 diff wall thickness as I wasn't sure which to get - both work fine, one is a little tighter against the rods.

We probably could cover the entire team's needs. :)

You can notch it around the rods, just make sure you melt the surface around the cut so there some surface strength to it, otherwise it will potentially tear through.

Holy crap this D14 is huge. I couldn't believe it either. It's brand new. Never installed. For $45 shipped. Very happy. Now if I only had something worth using it on. Lol

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ww...uery=1wzd3&op=search&Ntt=1wzd3&N=0&sst=subset

Grainger Item # 1WZD3, Manufacturer Model # 6RX048258. Note the photo at the link is a stock photo and not representative of the actual ID of the insulation. It's $9.87 + tax. You do NOT want it shipped to you - they can't use UPS because it's 6' and they won't bend it. The quote was ~$13 to me. Will call is a much better option, as it's free.

That's what I got.
All Multirama had was 2 Phenom 850's and 2 dual core athlons... Couldn't get a Bulldozer, but I'll get there... eventually...

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    989 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back