• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys don't be so rough on the man...he's perfectly entitled to spend his money however he sees fit, if he can and isn't harming anyone I see nothing wrong with that.
Some people spend money on muscle cars, others on gambling, others invest, others have plenty and want 4 titans...:p

Heh, I wasnt 'hating' on the idea, just laughing in disbelief ;). Though in thinking about it, dont you have to hack to get 4 of them to work in SLI?

Also, get 1 1.5KW PSU... just easier IMO. 6 monitors is nice.. hopefully he doesnt play FPS though as he will have a bezel smack dab in the center.

Also, werent you just in Texas in your location? Now in Virginia?

Last edited:
I wasn't making fun that he bought 4 titans, I just remembered reading that 4-way Titans are not supported by nVidia.

Then again, who wouldn't want to take pictures of this?
nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-sli-4-way.jpg

Also note that only 3 monitors can be used in Surround, plus an accessory display. Not sure if more than one accessory display can be used though.

Heh, I wasnt 'hating' on the idea, just laughing ;). Though in thinking about it, dont you have to hack to get 4 of them to work in SLI?

Also, get 1 1.5KW PSU... just easier IMO. 6 monitors is nice.. hopefully he doesnt play FPS though as he will have a bezel smack dab in the center.

Also, werent you just in Texas in your location? Now in Virginia?

I know it is insane to run 4 TITAN in SLI, but, hey, his money, i can not tell him what to do with it.
By the way, i'm moving to VA, still live in TX for another week but i though i change my location early :)

Also note that only 3 monitors can be used in Surround, plus an accessory display. Not sure if more than one accessory display can be used though.

My brother bough 6 monitor from Amazon, if he can set it up 6 monitor, he just return them to Amazon, they're pretty flexible on the return stuff.

That works, just wanted to give a heads-up so he won't think 6 screen surround is supposed to work and something is messed up when it doesn't :thup:

I'll tell him to joint OCF, right now, he's waiting for the Silverstone Temjin tj11 to come, it will be at lease another 2 to 3 week before he have all the toy.
So far, he only got 2 titan, 2 more are back order.

Please tell him to cancel the two on back order, or at least one of them. He can build an insane water loop for two grand or even one grand and it would be much better spent than on two more titans.

Judging from your earlier statement about the lottery, his current equation is Money > Sense. I don't begrudge him buying whatever he wants, but truly hate to see money thrown away. The third GPU will scale poorly and the fourth is a complete waste of money unless he is benching competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back