• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing here either. With that said I can't imagine much reason to post a picture of your dinner here...

that work?

Can see it now, but you still didn't upload it quite right.

Click on the drop-down icon next to the paperclip and then click your file name (or names) of the image(s) you want to insert into your post after uploading.

Probably the smallest crayfish/crawfish/crawdad I've ever seen.

Ok seriously. This is the benchmarking section, and a toys thread.
It's not a seafood section, it's not a dinner section, it's not a "What'd you eat for dinner" thread. If you'd like to make one, in the proper forum section, have at it.
In the mean time, let's focus a bit more on benching, or at least computer hardware and/or the discussion thereof.

I have no issue with discussing GPUs in servers.

Dinner? That's out of place.

Initial Bench results from getting (2) Crucial M4 512GB SSDs.
First drive is on the Intel SATA 6.0Gb/s controller and the second one is on the Marvell SATA 6.0Gb/s controller. I guess I'll swap my WD Green junk drive (on an Intel SATA 3.0Gb/s controller) with the second M4 that's on the Marvell and then re-test. I'm guessing the M4 will be faster on an Intel SATA 3.0Gb/s controller than on a Marvell SATA 6.0Gb/s

Attachments

• M4 512GB SSD on Intel.jpg
    M4 512GB SSD on Intel.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 90
  • M4 512GB SSD on Marvell.jpg
    M4 512GB SSD on Marvell.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 91
Initial Bench results from getting (2) Crucial M4 512GB SSDs.
First drive is on the Intel SATA 6.0Gb/s controller and the second one is on the Marvell SATA 6.0Gb/s controller. I guess I'll swap my WD Green junk drive (on an Intel SATA 3.0Gb/s controller) with the second M4 that's on the Marvell and then re-test. I'm guessing the M4 will be faster on an Intel SATA 3.0Gb/s controller than on a Marvell SATA 6.0Gb/s
Probably not. You want both SSD's on your Intel SATA3 (6GB/s) controller if possible. ;)

Last edited:
That Marvell SATA III is giving him about 3Gb/s on the Seq. Read so it's not going to hurt, and I would imagine the rest of the speeds will match the other SSD (except the 512k Read) on the Intel SATA III.

yes yes it is.... but intel sata2 is slower then Marvell sata 3 right?

Intel SATA2 is faster than Marvell in everything except sequential transfers and what counts most are random transfers so Intel SATA2 is actually better.

Probably not. You want both SSD's on your Intel SATA3 (6GB/s) controller if possible. ;)

I only have 2 SATA 6.0Gb/s connections on this board, and I already have two SATA 6.0GB/s SSDs connected to them.

That's why I had to connect it, temporarily, to the Marvel. :(

I only have 2 SATA 6.0Gb/s connections on this board, and I already have two SATA 6.0GB/s SSDs connected to them.

That's why I had to connect it, temporarily, to the Marvel. :(

You should be hitting 1000 MB once both drives are connected to the intel sata 3 port. There's no need to connect HDD to Sata 3 ports unless you have a raid 0 of many drives. I have 2 HHD in Raid 0 in Sata 2 and still plenty of bandwidth. Try to avoid marvel ports if possible, I actually disabled it from the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back