• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey guys,

Sorry I just realised they were some more replies to my thread, I have been busy looking for good deals on ssd and gpu. As far as GPU goes I am thinking of giving a go to galax: GTX970 HoF. I already got the SSD: it's an intel 730 240GB it was on special so I thought hey why not. Now I am having a slight problem with the installing technoob, in the bios I was set per default to RAID, but I can't find or see the SSD. I tried changing the option to AHCI, but it says windows didn't start properly, it tries to restore to a previous restore point, takes a million years to do it. I restart, try to run in normal mode but then I get a blue screen -_-.
For info my case is a DarkFleet 85 and has a 2.5 hot swap bay on the top of the case.
Anyone has ny thoughts about the galax?

Cheers :)

Hey guys,

Sorry I just realised they were some more replies to my thread, I have been busy looking for good deals on ssd and gpu. As far as GPU goes I am thinking of giving a go to galax: GTX970 HoF. I already got the SSD: it's an intel 730 240GB it was on special so I thought hey why not. Now I am having a slight problem with the installing technoob, in the bios I was set per default to RAID, but I can't find or see the SSD. I tried changing the option to AHCI, but it says windows didn't start properly, it tries to restore to a previous restore point, takes a million years to do it. I restart, try to run in normal mode but then I get a blue screen -_-.
For info my case is a DarkFleet 85 and has a 2.5 hot swap bay on the top of the case.
Anyone has ny thoughts about the galax?

Cheers :)

There's a registry fix for this. You have to trick the Intel Rapid Storage drivers into forgetting you set it to AHCI mode.
This way upon reboot, it will install the RAID drivers.

It's a PITA - I had the same issue when I setup my RAID.
I don't have a link for you though :(

Some googleing will be needed.

:D cheers bro I'll give it a go, I'd be pissed if the swap bay wasn't setup properly. I order the parts for my pc but didn't build it myself, i "trusted" a shop to do it.
But since then I got a taste of installing and trying to fix things myself :)

Thanks overclockers for that too, the forum is a massive help :clap:

:D cheers bro I'll give it a go, I'd be pissed if the swap bay wasn't setup properly. I order the parts for my pc but didn't build it myself, i "trusted" a shop to do it.
But since then I got a taste of installing and trying to fix things myself :)

Thanks overclockers for that too, the forum is a massive help :clap:

Good luck!

My post above was assuming you have Windows installed already in AHCI mode, then switched to RAID mode in BIOS and got blue screens correct?

Just wanna make sure I'm not misleading you :)

Yeah i got windows 7 installed on one of my hdd i was just trying to see if the bay was working and if i could see the ssd
Btw googling PITA showed me bread :eek: I was mislead :D
I'm still trying to get my hands on that fix hopefully I can get the drive at least running then get win 7 or 8 installed on it. Damn win 8 still cost $119 over here tho.

And I'm not sure if windows was installed in AHCI, when I check RAID mode was already on.

Well if you are doing a fresh install of windows to the SSD, simply set the BIOS to RAID as you did, and install windows...

Except you are saying the BIOS can't see the SSD when in RAID mode?
If so... I have no idea :(

I think i see why it's confusing. Alright I have 3 HDD, one of them runs win 7 now. I just got the SSD, and I tried to installed the SSD in the hot swap bay I have on my case (on top of it), I haven't installed anything on the SSD yet. I just wanted to check if the SSD was showing up at all. And it's not. I read that I had to change an option in the bios, which I did and that when the blue screen and win won't start started.

Hope this makes it clearer :)

I think i see why it's confusing. Alright I have 3 HDD, one of them runs win 7 now. I just got the SSD, and I tried to installed the SSD in the hot swap bay I have on my case (on top of it), I haven't installed anything on the SSD yet. I just wanted to check if the SSD was showing up at all. And it's not. I read that I had to change an option in the bios, which I did and that when the blue screen and win won't start started.

Hope this makes it clearer :)

Ohhh!

Try it without the HDD bay. If it still doesn't show up, I'd say its a bad drive.

Alrighty sorry for the late reply I was on much needed holidays.

I managed to make the SSD visible in the device and printer section and when I click on safely remove hardware and eject media I can also see the drive.
But I can't get it to be in the disk management section. I managed once to make it appears next to my D: drive but I haven't got a clue as to how or why.
I have been all over the web, I made sure that the bios config is set on the proper option which is: AHCI.
I installed the disk in the hotswap bay available on my DF85 case (the one at the top) and if I can see the SSD in the device and printer option then I assume the bay is configured properly.
And to top it off, today I lost my second screen T_T every time I turn it on it stays on for about a second then the screen goes black..........

The good news is I got myself a new graphic card (I expect it to be here in a few days) the galax GTX970 HoF.

Wow one issue after another :(

If it shows up in the Devices and Printers, it should show up in device manager..

Have you assigned a drive letter to the SSD? Thats what I did, fixed everything I had any issues with.

@ Siver_Pharaoh: yeah tell me about it, I'm just lucky like that :)
I checked the forum to see if anyone had a similar issue and I came up with the same answer that bob4933 gave: change the drive letter.
And yep, the SSD show up in devices and printers and device manager. But I can't see it in disk management. I have 4 discs showing up: C:, F:, E: (which are my 3 HDD) and one that says System Reserved. No SSD in view.

@ bob4933: i tried as I said above the SSD is not showing up in disk management but showing up in devices and printers and device manager. And I dunno why i can't see it in disk management :(

Cheers for the replies guys :)

Back