• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What you need to go RED!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wedo said:
I agree wth the guys above, if you are going to purchase equipment as dedicated folding gear, there is no better way than a layered farm.

There are some things I would change though:

www.driveguys.com have sub 3GB HD's for under $20

Wedo

I know of a place for Canadian's to get 1.5GB drives for $9 Canadian and 8x CDROM's for $5. heck, they have 24x cdroms for $9.99

That does seem about right, my 3 - 2100's pump out about 85-90 ppd each. And my 1600 does about 60-65. Keeping in mind that they are are o/c'd as much as I can w/o frying them using only air. Each 2100 is running at 2300-2400, and the 1600 is running at 1710. I also have a Pentium M 1.4Ghz that does about 70-75 ppd on average. So thats 380 ppd for my 5 cpu's, which translates to 2660 ppw, so that just shows how much overclocking can help(assuming its stable). Cut the cpus needed for orange from 8 to 5. And therefore, cutting red from 16 to 10. That can save ya some money.
Fold on
uNF

Back