• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who leaves their system on 24/7 like me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I turn both my desktop and laptop off when I go to bed and turn them both on as soon as I get up. When used on our balcony, probably 10-12 hours a day, the laptop is on battery or charging, but when inside the charger is used.

My main desktop and server rack are on 24/7, everything else sleeps. If I'm going to be going away on an extended vacation or something I'll turn off my main though.

Same here,pc never gets turned off,either does my second one hooked up to my TV.
My son turns his off,because the LED fan keeps him awake at night lol

I leave my machines on 24/7 and have for years. There are so many software updates these days and I want all that downloading and installing to happen in the wee hours when I'm not trying to use the computers. I'm also retired so I am accessing my computers frequently throughout the day.

I do a little of both... I power off just to save energy. I do not mind a 15 second to functional desktop wait, nor does DL updates affect anything I do on the PC (I have it wait for me to bless any DL and install, but game happily while its doing that). I will leave it on, but mostly shut it down after I am done.

Last edited:
I do a little of both... I power off just to save energy. I do not mind a 15 second to functional desktop wait, nor does DL updates affect anything I do on the PC (I have it wait for me to bless any DL and install). I will leave it on, but mostly shut it down after I am done.

Not your new mining rig though :D

Back