• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why bother buying / using as5 these days

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd buy them out :rofl:

But TBH, I'm not sure. I'd say it would be a good TIM given copper's heat conductivity.

It might be a good Tim, but people would cry that it's conductive and could kill your CPU all because some moronic boob was told to cram it into his socket before installing the chip.

It might be a good Tim, but people would cry that it's conductive and could kill your CPU all because some moronic boob was told to cram it into his socket before installing the chip.

Your right, there is always that "one guy" :-/

The reason they don't use copper is because it oxidizes quickly which causes a reduction in its ability to conduct heat.

but they were talking about TIM and arctic silver has silver particles in it lol

but they were talking about TIM and arctic silver has silver particles in it lol

Yeah, just pointing out that it is better, but not enough better for anything that uses a real amount of metal. (TIM only uses a powder, so amounts are miniscule)

but they were saying they would buy up all the tim if it had copper in it, i was pointing out that copper is less conductive than silver, and silver is already in arctic silver. thats probably why no tims bother to use copper. not to mention with the newer tims using silicon bases that are more heat conductive than either, and cheaper to produce.

Back