• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wife's build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They seem like a joke now. There's website works but you have to call to order. The female I spoke with seemed more interested in what the hell I was ordering than taking the order. But it went through this morning so we will see

I have placed two orders recently and received both. One time was even privy to an argument between the lady onm the phone and someone in the back ground made for some nice free entertainment. But they got my stuff to me in a timely manner.

It's not that I support them but my options were theirs for $6 shipped or overseas for $12 shipped... why pay double for longer freight time.

Anyways new dilemma that I was to avoid. My second run in the loop is going to be from the front 240 rad to the cpu block. It is a distance of about 9.5" with a height change of 3.5"-4" roughly. I don't know whether I should do a straight fitting on the rad to a 45° fitting on the cpu block or 2 45° fittings..
My goal for the whole system is to have as straight of tubing as possible. Any help wold be awesome

I was kinda thinking that. It'll end up with a little bend but it shouldn't be bad

So the right angle 24 pin adapter came in today. Considering I paid for the 6-12 day shipping and got it in 3 days I'm pretty happy with the service.

ok i have another question and hopefully someone can help me out.

i was originally looking into the xspc raystorm cpu block. it seems like an ok block for the money but doing more research have seen that it tends to fall short in thermal performance to some other blocks(of higher cost of course). so i am thinking of stepping away from that for that reason. i was looking at the heatkiller IV but am not sold on the looks. the other block im leaning towards is the alphacool nexXxos xp3. the nexXxos block is clean and simple which i really like. my only concern is whether it can handle 3/8 id 1/2 od compression fittings. the block will have 2 45 degree fittings from alphacool.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be more specific on the thermal performance you're talking about? If you're talking about 1c-3c, take it with a grain of salt. Within margin of error and all the other blocks pretty much perform with in each other. CPU blocks usually come down to price and cosmetics, of course I'm only talking about the reputed water cooling companies.

i was originally looking into the xspc raystorm cpu block. it seems like an ok block for the money but doing more research have seen that it tends to fall short in thermal performance to some other blocks(of higher cost of course).

Take a look at the Raystorm Pro.

Currently just about the best performing block according to some of the better/trusted review sites out there and also one of the cheapest.

http://thermalbench.com/2015/10/22/xspc-raystorm-pro-cpu-waterblock/6/

Jack, I'm just reading reviews and one place says one thing and another says another. I believe it was jayz two cents or Linus that boasted the nexXxos block. Either of them I'd take info from as being reliable. Plus, I'm not interested in cpu block leds plus the nexXxos is actually cheaper than the raystorm pro.

So in your guys honest opinion is the raystorm pro a better performing block.

The goal is to get the g3258 cpu to 5ghz. I'm running 480mm of rad and a d5 pump so that parts covered. I just want to make sure I have the best block to get me there without paying over $75 usd

The goal is to get the g3258 cpu to 5ghz. I'm running 480mm of rad and a d5 pump so that parts covered. I just want to make sure I have the best block to get me there without paying over $75 usd

I run the original raystorm and it has served me well, as far as hitting 5 ghz with that chip are you talking for daily use? If you are you might be sadly disappointed even with that cooling setup. If you just want to hit 5ghz for a validation run it should be plausible but you will need a pretty golden chip to get a 5ghz stable overclock for daily use.

Well I would love to hit it for daily use but I will have to see how the chip handles.
But basically I want to give myself the best shot at it. And the lower the temps the easier it'll hold an oc so a degree or 2 matters to me honestly

Honestly a degree or 2 will not make our break your overclock. I recommend that you pick out whichever of this three that is the most aesthetically pleasing to you at a price range you can afford. The minute differences between them are not really gonna affect you. The only other thing you may want to take into account as you mentioned earlier is the hole spacing as it can conflict with some compression fittings.

Raystorm can fit the compressions as well as the heatkiller. The alphacool is sold in a pre picked kit with alphacool 3/8 1/2 compression fittings so being as I'm using the alphacool 45° compressions in the same size it should work right?

Yes the link worked thank you. I have been doing some research on the alphacool block and I cannot find a center to center distance for the ports. Judging by the pics of the fittings and the block I would say they should work together but I cannot guarantee it.

I did the same research and came up with no answers haha. I guess we will see if that's the block I go with. Thank you for the help!

Back