• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 Home Premium upgrade $30 for college students

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so can i upgrade from XP to the Pro? i didnt see anywhere where it said?

Yes, but its a clean install, not an upgrade. This is indeed not an upgrade disc. This is a full retail version as per several emails posted by members of SD.

Yes, but its a clean install, not an upgrade. This is indeed not an upgrade disc. This is a full retail version as per several emails posted by members of SD.

ok gotcha. clean install is fine, its going in a new rig anyways

i just got the $30 pro version from MS since i got screwed over in the ACM deal. I paid my money and everything and they took it down before I had a chance to go buy DVDs:bang head

I was all ready to get 64bit as recommended, but when I read their FAQ I saw this:

Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows?

No. If you are currently running a 32-bit version of Windows, you can only perform an upgrade to another 32-bit version of Windows. Similarly, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you can only perform an upgrade to another 64-bit version of Windows Vista.

If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you'll need to back up your files and then perform a custom installation of the 64-bit version of Windows Vista. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows.

How difficult is it to do this and what other features besides network domains does Pro include? Is it the better choice overall?

I was all ready to get 64bit as recommended, but when I read their FAQ I saw this:

How difficult is it to do this and what other features besides network domains does Pro include? Is it the better choice overall?

fawk. i have xp 32 bit and ordered pro 64. hopefully i can just do a clean install

Back