• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win7 Home Premium upgrade $30 for college students

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As of today my order of w7 pro came with the option to download an iso version, it's not finished so i am unsure if it has a discreet app to burn it or if you need your own. it also said you have 30days to download/redownload if anybody would like to go back to their site to pick it up.

*i have not completed the download so i also cannot be completely sure that it is a real iso type image or a bit of a hoax* however some of you may want to get it and might be close on your timeframe to download again making it better for me to notify you before i can confirm it. (1mb/256 dsl line here, it'll take me a bit of time to get it)

I bought one of these.

It is an upgrade. The key is and upgrade key.

You cannot clean install. You can only clean install if an older version of windows is on the HD.

On my fresh drive it wouldnt let me install. Have to get XP on there first. Then it completely wipes out XP and makes the key work.

There is a registry hack to make it look like you had XP on there... not entirely legal though.

I used this deal last year to do a clean install on my first build, worked fine. Had to burn it to a disc and then boot off of that. Did you download the install file or iso image?

Back