• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[WIP]SG10 Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice Buddy, i see what you said about how far you got to go on this build. Compared to mine got my pump running last night and doing my leak testing on my backboard section. Still waiting for my last parts to arrive Today, good luck with yours and looking forward to the results. AJ.

2013-08-15 06.47.14.jpg

2013-08-15 06.47.22.jpg

2013-08-15 06.48.41.jpg

2013-08-15 06.49.30.jpg

These are the results of the paint job, need to get some can matte paint and a brush for some touchups. And remove some paint that found its way onto two of the usb connectors. Then I get to see if the board still works after everything I've subjected it to. :shrug:

I don't think I've ever seen anybody paint their MB panel connectors before. I'm sure it's been done, but it's a first for me. What kind of paint did you use?

Looks good!

Nice i hope your connectors are a OK and still work. My set up is up and running, but out of the 6 Fans i purchased only 4 are working. So first thing a RMA and will be asking for replacements. All the best STH.

I haven't even got fans yet. Ordered some Yates from Petras because they were cheap then cancelled the order when i saw how much the helix 140 were going for. Still haven't received any word from the shop though. Anyone else deal with that place recently. I remember it used to be one of the best for customer service.

2013-08-15 16.29.18.jpg

2013-08-15 16.29.23.jpg

Some brush painting of the clips. Couldnt take them out like I'd hoped. Not really feeling the brushed on finish either. Not much I can do about it though. Next motherboard I'll be trying to find some brush on plastic dye for this.

I haven't even got fans yet. Ordered some Yates from Petras because they were cheap then cancelled the order when i saw how much the helix 140 were going for. Still haven't received any word from the shop though. Anyone else deal with that place recently. I remember it used to be one of the best for customer service.

Petra's got bought out by Sidewinder. The support numbers now lead to the same place IIRC, so try contacting Sidewinder support, tell them you purchased through the old Petra's site.

Oh really, that's good news, I've always loved sidewinder.

EDIT: Called up Sidewinder just now,told me that petra site is basically dead. Shouldnt be accepting any orders at all. It was only because I used paypal that the charge actually went through. Very nice guy helped me sort everything out in a matter of minutes.

Last edited:
2013-08-16 15.59.50.jpg

2013-08-16 12.34.26.jpg

2013-08-16 12.34.36.jpg

Filed down the Base tray cutout and painting.

Realized I could spray the top of the clips and get a good finish there at least, and hand paint the hard to spray areas.

2013-08-16 16.30.31.jpg
2013-08-16 16.30.36.jpg

Flushing the components with hot tap water.

Last edited:
Oh boy, cautionary note: Don't be a moron like me! I didn't secure the drain hose well enough into my sink and while I was out for a smoke it fell out and covered my floor in water. A water loop isn't supposed to go RES-> PUMP -> CPU -> RAD -> FLOOR Haha.

Use my datavac to blow the water out of the loop and disconnected everything. It will get another flush with distilled before installation. Also placed another order with frozencpu. Vandal switches, helix 140 fans, aquaero lt, poweradjust usb , a bitspower temp probe with rush processing. Already got shipping notification.

Last edited:
Just be careful you don't pump too much pressure through the system. Some household taps can have significant pressure behind them.

I really like the look of that matte black tubing, what is it?

It's tygon Duralene.

EDIT: So I've gotten rid of most of the white. Still a few spots visible but I'll take care of those tomorrow. Itching to fire it up and see if I screwed anything up royally.

2013-08-17 19.04.07.jpg

2013-08-17 19.04.22.jpg

Last edited:
Use my datavac to blow the water out of the loop

:attn: Isn't the DataVac amazing? :rofl: Will be using that next week to dust off a couple cases.

Looking good btw. Things look like they are finally falling into place. Patience is a virtue especially when it comes to painting and custom watercooling but OF COURSE! :p

I should be able to borrow my gf camera thus week. Going to make a light box out of my frozencpu box and take some better pictures finally.

EDIT:
Made the lightbox, though I dont know if the bulbs I have are strong enough to get a good effect. Also dont have the gf's camera yet just testing it with my phone.

Here it is:

2013-08-18 19.21.46.jpg

Heres a picture of the crappy match that my black paint is for Dimastech nice Graphite Black. I've got some ideas on how to fix that but you'll see that eventually. I'm keeping it as a bit of a surprise.

2013-08-18 20.34.54.jpg

Last edited:
Corner.JPG

Full.JPG

Socket.JPG

Ok got some time in with the gf camera (D90) and read some Nikon D90 for dummies book. These are some picks of the paint job, hopefully my photography skills will continue to improve.

Pump mounting. This was my initial idea, but I've got some other things involving acrylic planned.

pump1.JPG

pump2.JPG

Last edited:
Back