• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot cod4 gold time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i find it good fun but if you like the gameplay you can change you xp in your directory somewhere

i love the game got it yesterday and im now lvl 20, no to shabby i guess.
I don't think you can "hack" your XP. The MP player information is in a binary file. Anyhow, Sjaak, the upgrades and unlocks really aren't necessary to compete. You start off with the most powerful weapons in the game, and you will quickly (within an hour or so) unlock all the attachments for any given gun. Most of the other stuff you unlock is just "bling".

This morning I got votekicked from my favorite server for suspicion of hacking... I am worried that as I continue to get better, this is going to happen more often. Everybody is paranoid about "hackers", when in reality I believe very few people are actually cheating. Skilled players are the targets of "witch hunts" when they start tearing it up on a server.

The easyest is the Gold M60. Look under ranks and challanges for and click LMG. It will tell you how meny headshots and kills you need to get with the M249, M60 and RPD to unlock the gold skin for the M60.

I don't think you can "hack" your XP. The MP player information is in a binary file. Anyhow, Sjaak, the upgrades and unlocks really aren't necessary to compete. You start off with the most powerful weapons in the game, and you will quickly (within an hour or so) unlock all the attachments for any given gun. Most of the other stuff you unlock is just "bling".

This morning I got votekicked from my favorite server for suspicion of hacking... I am worried that as I continue to get better, this is going to happen more often. Everybody is paranoid about "hackers", when in reality I believe very few people are actually cheating. Skilled players are the targets of "witch hunts" when they start tearing it up on a server.
The CoD4 community seems to be a gathering the biggest bunch of freaking babies I've ever seen in an online community. The other day I was in Bog playing a domination match. I was completely on one side of the map at one point and picking off people with my G3 w red dot as they ran out. I killed an admin a couple of times like this and he starts bitching about me "spawn camping." WTF?! As near as I can tell you spawn almost anywhere on the map near a teammate usually. There aren't 1 or 2 spawn locations. I tell him to quit his bitching. He then asks me "DO you wanna play on this server or not?" I tell him, "I'd rather call you a dipsh*t and leave than stay here and listen to your whiny ***" And with that I left the server before he could boot me. :p I see people complaining about dumb crap like that ALL the time. :bang head

The CoD4 community seems to be a gathering the biggest bunch of freaking babies I've ever seen in an online community. The other day I was in Bog playing a domination match. I was completely on one side of the map at one point and picking off people with my G3 w red dot as they ran out. I killed an admin a couple of times like this and he starts bitching about me "spawn camping." WTF?! As near as I can tell you spawn almost anywhere on the map near a teammate usually. There aren't 1 or 2 spawn locations. I tell him to quit his bitching. He then asks me "DO you wanna play on this server or not?" I tell him, "I'd rather call you a dipsh*t and leave than stay here and listen to your whiny ***" And with that I left the server before he could boot me. :p I see people complaining about dumb crap like that ALL the time. :bang head
This is why we need our own server.

This is why we need our own server.
It would be so awesome to have an ocforums COD4 TDM server!!! Gaming is more fun when playing with people you know from some type of community. I've met a few regulars on the servers I frequent, but for the most part I'm playing with strangers. Too bad dedicated servers with adequate bandwidth are pretty expensive. If we got enough people interested, it might be viable though.

Its this one thing about upgrades and unlocks that made me put down cod4 very very fast. This isnt an mmo :/
Really? That's the very reason I stayed with it longer than I thought I would, I played all the way to level 55. IMO, the game itself isn't anything revolutionary (don't get me wrong, it's a good game), but its fun to work toward something, especially since it doesn't really take that long to get some good stuff. It's not like BF2 where it took months to rank up. These ranks and unlocks go very quickly. I don't think I would have played COD4 MP as much if it wasn't for the unlocks and achievements.

Within the first week, I saw a server whose rules were "No jumping and shooting and no jumping and then going prone"

The admin had to verify whether jumping and throwing nades were allowed.

Dumbest thing I ever saw.

Within the first week, I saw a server whose rules were "No jumping and shooting and no jumping and then going prone"

The admin had to verify whether jumping and throwing nades were allowed.

Dumbest thing I ever saw.

I was one one server last night that said "Excesive use of Martyr or Last ditch will get you banned"

WTF is that all about? Hell some of the funnest game I've played are total chaos in Shipment or Wet works with darn near everyone using the martyr perk.

as far as cheating goes, I've seen a few instances were I really supsected one or more players were using some hack. I just left the server. It's one thing to get owned by a GOOD player, it's another thing to watch one or two people constantly headshotting people behind walls....

as far as cheating goes, I've seen a few instances were I really supsected one or more players were using some hack. I just left the server. It's one thing to get owned by a GOOD player, it's another thing to watch one or two people constantly headshotting people behind walls....
I've had my suspicions too, but unless it's obvious I'd never accuse someone. I'm not sure why "constantly headshotting people behind walls" is a sign of cheating. I suspect it's one reason why people started accusing me today. There were a couple snipers on the other team who kept going to the same hiding places behind penetrable walls. Often I'd shoot with my AK at those walls even if I didn't see anything. More often then not I'd get the hit detection visual with accompanying sound, so I knew someone was there. I would then proceed to unload a few more rounds until I either killed them (sometimes with headshots) or couldn't hit them anymore. So do I have aimbot or wallhack because I kept shooting through walls and killing people? According to the sucky players on the other team: Yes. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that if you stand out in the COD4 crowd, you're going to get accused of cheating and sometimes kicked.

Back