• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think it is. That's for the KV. The big snub nosed gun.

For the KV3, it looks different. I could be wrong though, I'm not too well versed in the different guns. I just like to play :)

If anyone ever wants to platoon, add me as a friend.
Rip5oul

lol. I love playing with my Derp KV.

I'm having a lot of fun with my KV-13 as well. Not as much fun as I do on my T-50-2 or my AMX 13 90, but lots of fun.

Nope. The only one derpgun/trollgun is 152 howitzer on KV.
My best shot was for 1122 HP on a side of a KT. :screwy:

But as you see below someone did it better than me. :D
Yeah that's the one. It only shoots HE or gold APHE rounds. :eek:

@ Frank - I like the fast tanks too. My VK2801 is a lot of fun! :thup:

Rough night last night. MM was terrible to me. Being on the low end of he MM is tough especially when your team isn't particularly good.

Rough night last night. MM was terrible to me. Being on the low end of he MM is tough especially when your team isn't particularly good.

that's the way it goes. Some nights i'm the low guy on the ladder in the gong pit. Other nights, no matter how poorly I play, I'm racking up 5-6 kills a match.

Last night was a bit better. I love to how are totally clueless. I was on my type 59 on one map. I'm shooting at a tier 7 medium tank, when I get nailed from behind by another tier 8 medium, so now I am in a crossfire and have little cover. This little Pz III/IV comes up and hits me twice while I am trying to dodge the other tanks' guns. One of my teammates kills him finally and he says, "You are so lucky, you were almost taken out by a little III/IV"

Really? Are people that stupid to think that the other two tanks smacking me hard had nothing to do with the fact that I almost died to him. I think he did like a total of 200 damage. lol

It's always great when you can take down a higher tier tank, but to think that it was just you and him, is utterly ridiculous.

Btw, anyone have the T-43 Russian Medium tank? How do you like it and how does it compare to the T-20 US medium tank?

Got my AMX12 almost a month ago and then kinda lost interest. MM would always have me at the bottom for 3 days straight. So I gave up. Will probably jump on a little tonight. I really want the 13.

Has anyone used the T-43 russian med tank? How does it compare to the T20 American med or the T-34-85 russian med? I should be able to have it unlocked in a couple of day, I think.

I stopped playing my medium soviet line when I reached the T-34-85, the T-43 is not a big improvement at all or by any means and is just a poor tank to play at it's tier level. I switched over to the heavy line and have reached the IS-3 fully upgraded. Medium tanks just don't seem to be worth it the higher you go in tier.

I stopped playing my medium soviet line when I reached the T-34-85, the T-43 is not a big improvement at all or by any means and is just a poor tank to play at it's tier level. I switched over to the heavy line and have reached the IS-3 fully upgraded. Medium tanks just don't seem to be worth it the higher you go in tier.

Ah, thanks. The tier 7 tanks in the German and American line are pretty good, I was hoping that their soviet counterpart was also good.

Has anyone used the T-43 russian med tank? How does it compare to the T20 American med or the T-34-85 russian med? I should be able to have it unlocked in a couple of day, I think.

The T-34-85 is the 'blah' point of the Rusky medium line. (sorta like the AMX 12t is the 'blah' point of the French Medium line). It is pretty much solidly a middle of the road medium.

Personally? I loved mine. The 100mm D10T (the idiot cannon) is great fun, though a bit slow firing. It fires about 33% faster (though still not fast by any great stretch of the imagination) on the T43. The T43 has more armor and has better acceleration than the 34-85, but a bit less top end. The T44 and T54 are where the Soviet Medium line comes into it's own.

Thank you. I should be able to get it soon, I was just curious. I love the T20 and the Panther and was hoping that the T43 wasn't a dissapointment.

So, after yesterday's patch, how do you like the file structure for mods? I was a bit confused at first, but after reading a guide for it, it works really well. No need to run that program that activates your mods, etc.

i don't use mods myself. Though I might in the future for the one that shows how much damage per shot you are doing.

I've been basking in the glory that is my amx 50 100. 3-4 kills a match is almost expected with it, it seems (and is easy to do, as well).

The mods that I use are for showing the Hit points and color coding the tanks in the field and scoreboard. The sight mod which shows you your reload time in seconds. A mod that displays a clock while you are in a battle. A music mod which is pretty cool and voice over mod.Oh, and I also use the hitbox mods while I learn the weaknesses of tanks, but that one is a bit older and doesn't have the French tanks

I use a lot of mods. I dislike their new and "improved" mods handling system so I'm using good ol' trusty JSGME.
Mandatory mods:
- OverTargetMarkers - floating damage dealt and remaining hitpoints
- custom crosshairs with reloading time
- Duke voice mod (it's hilarious)
- efficiency mod - gotta love those Tier 10 red players who cry in chat
- damage panel with damage received

Cosmetic mods
- clock in hangar and battle
- modified hangar visuals
- new engine and ambient sounds
- new icons
- colored after battle messages in hangar
- high definition minimap

Last edited:
WoT is kind of fun, yeah. But the constant grind was too much for me. It's very frustrating especially if you don't have the premium membership.

I'm thinking of getting back to WoT for a while, though. Just to troll some peeps with my KV's derp gun. ;)

Last edited:
I use a lot of mods. I dislike their new and "improved" mods handling system so I'm using good ol' trusty JSGME.
Mandatory mods:
- OverTargetMarkers - floating damage dealt and remaining hitpoints
- custom crosshairs with reloading time
- Duke voice mod (it's hilarious)
- efficiency mod - gotta love those Tier 10 red players who cry in chat
- damage panel with damage received

Cosmetic mods
- clock in hangar and battle
- modified hangar visuals
- new engine and ambient sounds
- new icons
- colored after battle messages in hangar
- high definition minimap

Can you please let me know the names of the following mods that you use. I had them, but after 7.1 it wasn't working.

Clock in Hangar
Colored after battle messages in hangar
custom crosshairs with reloading time(mine has something in Russian)
damage panel with damage received

The new system is pretty easy once you figure it out.

you just use the res_mod directory, then 0.7.1.1 subdirectory, then put in the directories/items from the mods..

ie. if you are doing the OTM it would be

\res_mod\0.7.1.1\gui\flash and whatever files are here..

Then if you have another mod that uses that directory, you them just add those files.

I can't access the WoT forums from work but once I get home this evening, I'll post a link to the tutorial that I read which explained this pretty well.

WoT is kind of fun, yeah. But the constant grind was too much for me. It's very frustrating especially if you don't have the premium membership.

I'm thinking of getting back to WoT for a while, though. Just to troll some peeps with my KV's derp gun. ;)

It's true, without premium membership, it's pretty tough on the upper tiers. I decided to eat less at work for lunch/breakfast and use that money for the premium membership.

Back