• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP SP2 out today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nosilverman , same here that pop-up blocker works great. i had been using No-ads for ever and tonight after SP2 was dont i closed no-ads and ran with just the IE blocker and it worked tons better so i got rid of no-ads

nosilverman said:
Now if they could only find a way to block those stupid flash ads that go on top of the website...

LOL Ad-Muncher did block those, but I am willing to deal with them. I love the Pop Up Blocker in IE. Finally an IE browser that I like. Now if they could only make it look like the browser in Longhorn I would be set.

fadirocks said:
Well Make sure that you are not running 2 firewalls because SP2 has one and you probably have another one installed unless you use a router with a good firewall protection :)

Ya.. im now running two software firewalls.
Im currently running the Windows firewall that comes with SP2, and im hooked in through a router.
The same goes for my other computer, cept that it is running no software firewall and SP1a and just goes through the router.
Speeds on the other computer are aroudn 350KBs, while on my main rig things are only dl at sub 200KBs speeds... and i am dling form the same places. (ie download.com why would there be such a speed decrese if i use same mirrors and sites?)

Could be anything from nic drivers to well anything poor network cable. It could be the double firewall, slowing it down a bit.

Howerver I know people running tripple layer firewalls. Hardware, plus SP2 plus Zone Alarm without much problems. I think they are nuts, but hey whatever tweaks your twanger.

Now anyone heard anything about SP3 something about a major revision to Internet Explorer.

Yikes a pull from 6 months ago :) I think most of these issues where fixed with patches and updates (aka microsofts screwup fixes :) )

I poped open my overclockers folder in outlook and I have the last 750 or so emails from ocforums I just went scrolling through it looking at older threads and then remembering that I had read someplace about SP3 comming out. I figured what better place to post about a new Service Pack than in the old Service Pack 2 thread.

Back