• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z77 OR LGA 2011

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splashme

Whats up people. I am building a new gaming PC but i know that the boreds out right now have been out for awhile. anyone know if there is something coming out soon or should i get what is out now. if so what chipset should it be. z77 or lga2011? i would hate to buy something now and then BAM better motherbored comes out.

can someone help me?

for gaming x79 offers no advantage over z77.
and better motherboards always come out, BAM.

Last edited:
+1 ^^…

Unless you need 6 cores for what you do, there is little to no point to pay the premium to get into s2011.

Grab a 3570k if only for gaming, or a 3770k if you do anything that would benefit from the extra threads and a Z77 board and don't look back. You'll be very happy. Check out Asrock Z77.

I was in the same boat. Undecided between a Z77 and an X79. Was upgrading from an X58. After some research and suggestions from these guyz, I went with a Z77 board, a 3570K and 16gb of ram. Best choice I made especially in the saving money department. With the monies saved I got a new video card :D

Your best bet deal wise would be a Z77 board and a 3570K/3770K ;)

The 3770K is better than both the 2600K and 2700K clock for clock. The 2600K/2700K may overclock better on ambient cooling though.

Go with z77 instead of x79. I have a z77 and x79 setup and the x79 doesn't have any advantages beyond the extra core count. I wouldn't suggest x79 unless you need it.

I'm going watercooled on the CPU and GPU. So I will be getting the z77 Maximus V extreme. Should I water cool the motherbored? Or is that just to much.

The MVE is too much frankly. You can easily use a board that costs half that or more for your uses.

I wouldnt water cool the mobo, no.

I'm going watercooled on the CPU and GPU. So I will be getting the z77 Maximus V extreme. Should I water cool the motherbored? Or is that just to much.

No point on that expensive of a board.

You should read this article regarding water cooling, then start a thread in the water cooling section to get better help.

Back