AMD’s Radeon Adrenalin Software received another update this week. Update 21.5.2 provides support for Days Gone and Microsoft DirectX 12 Agility SDK & Shader Model 6.6 as well as several fixes for user-reported issues. Complete details and download links are provided in the press release listed below.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Highlights
- Days Gone
- Microsoft® DirectX® 12 Agility SDK & Microsoft® Shader Model 6.6
- Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the latest AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Cyberpunk 2077™ may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when ray tracing is enabled.
- Intermittent loss of signal during AMD Link’s Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later.
- The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
- FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on RyzenTM Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
- Radeon™ Software might not get updated on Windows 7 platforms when updating from 21.4.1 or 21.5.1 to this release, if factory reset is enabled. As a workaround, users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the latest AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- Radeon FreeSync™ may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering. A system restart is a potential workaround if this is experienced.
- If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
- If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in
AMD Link for Windows Known Issues
- Intermittent grey frame corruption might be observed when streaming with HEVC on certain configurations via an Internet connection. A workaround is to use the AVC encoding setting instead.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 installation package contains the following:
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Driver Version 21.10.03.08 for Windows 10 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.21003.8013) and 21.09.03.08 for Windows 7 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.20903.8001).
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links:
By clicking the Download button, you are confirming that you have read and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement (“EULA”). If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of these licenses, you do not have a license to any of the AMD software provided by this download.
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit
- Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 Driver for Windows® 7 64-bit
Installing Radeon Software Adrenalin
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin, please refer to the following support resources:
- How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
- How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin on a Windows® Based System
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2.
Radeon Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
Radeon™ RX 6900 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 6800 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 6700 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5600 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 5500 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics Radeon™ VII AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics
Mobility Radeon™ Product Compatibility
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
AMD Radeon RX 5700M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 5500M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon RX 5300M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics
AMD Processors with Radeon Graphics Product Compatibility
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
DESKTOP MOBILE AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics AMD Ryzen™ Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD A-Series and FX processors with Radeon graphics AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics AMD A-Series™ PRO processors with Radeon™ graphics AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Graphics AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 – HD 8400 Series Graphics
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.5.2 is designed to support the following Microsoft® Windows® platforms. Operating System support may vary depending on your specific AMD Radeon product.
- Windows® 10 64-bit version
- Windows® 7 64-bit version