• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yaa ..... I think there will be a bit of a learning curve here but ...... gotta start somewhere. My new rads are still in customs but will get it running for now with what I have.

Nice clock on this GTX780. For some reason I missed FS when I was benching my GTX780 on cold. I guess there were no points for this bench on hwbot.
Anyway, I was trying to make some runs on GTX980 yesterday but my rig is shutting down when I raise voltage above 1.3V :-/ On GTX970 I could reach 1650MHz on water, on this GTX980 1500-1550 is max on much higher voltages and a lot of garbage on the screen.

Nice clock on this GTX780. For some reason I missed FS when I was benching my GTX780 on cold. I guess there were no points for this bench on hwbot.
Anyway, I was trying to make some runs on GTX980 yesterday but my rig is shutting down when I raise voltage above 1.3V :-/ On GTX970 I could reach 1650MHz on water, on this GTX980 1500-1550 is max on much higher voltages and a lot of garbage on the screen.

Thanks, this 780 has been a good one for me. Should sell pretty well.

Which 980 do you have? What BIOS?

ASUS and every BIOS I've found. I was checking Shamino, self modded ( like 30+ different settings ), stock in new and old version, Matrix, self modded Matrix and couple of others. Once it passes ~1520MHz regardless of voltage, it's generating a lot of red artifacts and is randomly crashing. I made it pass FS @1570 ... once and I barely saw anything on the screen.
Johan has the same card and his is acting much better. I would say It has low ASIC or something but my card is 74.4% so above average. Most cards I saw around the forums are 68-72%, best 80%+.

Edit:
Looks like my card is bad on ambient temps. Checking on ss right now and it passed 1600MHz at about the same voltages like before couldn't pass 1520MHz.

Last edited:
ASUS and every BIOS I've found. I was checking Shamino, self modded ( like 30+ different settings ), stock in new and old version, Matrix, self modded Matrix and couple of others. Once it passes ~1520MHz regardless of voltage, it's generating a lot of red artifacts and is randomly crashing. I made it pass FS @1570 ... once and I barely saw anything on the screen.
Johan has the same card and his is acting much better. I would say It has low ASIC or something but my card is 74.4% so above average. Most cards I saw around the forums are 68-72%, best 80%+.

Edit:
Looks like my card is bad on ambient temps. Checking on ss right now and it passed 1600MHz at about the same voltages like before couldn't pass 1520MHz.
Nice Woomack get that thing cold and make it scream!!!

MetalRacer / R9 290X / 2x / Water / 21222

Capture1045.jpg

Nice Metal puts you back in the lead. Muahaha

wow great scores guys keep it up , I know this is for fun but damn I would get owned, I did one last month and only got 3k lol

Thanks, I'm fighting with this card right now. For some reason 3DM11 is crashing all the time at lower or higher voltages. Fire Strike is passing without problems at the same settings but I already see that SS cooling isn't enough to make anything much better. Actually Johan had similar clocks on water cooling and my score is better only because of 6 core cpu.

Score above is at about 1680MHz.

Just did some fancy searching on HWBot and got it to sort by only last night's subs for the 780.

In case you (or anyone else) wanted to see the clocks for all the subs at once:
http://url.hwbot.org/1C4MpY9

You mentioned somewhere that 3DM11 wouldn't run right, mine wouldn't either.
See how much lower it's clocked than ANYTHING else?? Even had to drop 200MHz on the CPU and 300MHz on CPU Cache.
Don't know what's going on with it for me either...

On GTX970 I had to modify BIOS to force constant clocks and higher voltages or it wouldn't pass 3DM11 at ~1520MHz even though all other tests were running at 1580-1650MHz. Usually Catzilla is easiest to pass at higher clocks. Fire Strike is also not bad.

After ~1.5h I made it pass 3D tests in 3DM11 ... and it crashed in CPU test :bang head

Last edited:
Back