• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably it's some forced setting on some drivers like it happens in heaven. It shouldn't work but for some reason tests like heaven are showing improvements. I haven't seen it helping in FS but will try once again when I find some more free time.
For a long time I haven't seen it helping on AMD or Nvidia in DX10/11 tests and I was trying it on many cards. Maybe something is locked in some driver versions ... hard to say.

Yesterday I was trying some more with CPU on cold but 400MHz more gave me all 300 points more in FS. It's clearly scalling better with number of threads than CPU clock. Older tests were faster on higher clocked CPU as even first tests took some advantage of that. In FS physics tests use amount of cores more than CPU clock. I was counting on 17k+ while I only wasted 3h benching.

Also my GTX980 on dice is overclocking all ... 30MHz higher than on SS :-/ ... it clearly needs LN2 for higher clocks. At least I made some results on CPU for competitions but nothing that will beat my previous results.

Think that in last 2 months $ value went up ~10% but prices are ~20% higher. I got GTX980 in old price but the next day it already cost 20% more. Distribution has often prices in Euro but they usually make conversion from Dollar 1:1 even though Euro cost ~20% more. Add taxes etc and hardware cost often 30% more than in US :-/

Witchdoctor / GTX Titan / 1x / water / 11530

Had a bit of time to play this morning, Nothing to write home about, but the best I can do with this set up

FS 1x Titan.jpg

MetalRacer / R9 290X / 2x / Water / 21472

Capture1048.jpg

And anyone with a 5960x is going to pwn everyone else, that's just the way it goes.

Really? Why? The 8 cores make that much of a difference...? because...

I love cores... lol. Gonna try to overclock before I post mine up tho as 2.67 ghz is far too slow, I set my X5650s to the same place my E5620s were set (195 blck, 3.51 ghz for the E5620s, projected for X5650s 3.9 GHZ) and they didn't like it too much even at 1.3 volts, which is weird because one X5650 on its lonesome got to 3.9 ghz at 1.223 volts ( ) I still like it how they idle at stock at 0.95 volts... like... that is so low lmao.

AJAY57 / GTX 880M / 1 X / AIR / 5968

Snap 2015-02-15 at 10.45.07.png

I posted this because i wanted to show how the cooling up grade has helped with my scores, i do not have any Throttling of the CPU that is running @ 100% which i tested on XTU. :attn:

With the help of the cooling i can increase the GPU OC as well on the Laptop, i understand this is not going to win any medals on here, but i still like to enjoy taking part. ;) :salute:

Ajay.

Really? Why? The 8 cores make that much of a difference...? because...

I love cores... lol. Gonna try to overclock before I post mine up tho as 2.67 ghz is far too slow, I set my X5650s to the same place my E5620s were set (195 blck, 3.51 ghz for the E5620s, projected for X5650s 3.9 GHZ) and they didn't like it too much even at 1.3 volts, which is weird because one X5650 on its lonesome got to 3.9 ghz at 1.223 volts ( ) I still like it how they idle at stock at 0.95 volts... like... that is so low lmao.

It's the physics, multi threaded test and more cores/more threads is a big advantage. Also helps in the combined test.

AJAY57 / GTX 880M / 1 X / AIR / 5968

View attachment 160014

I posted this because i wanted to show how the cooling up grade has helped with my scores, i do not have any Throttling of the CPU that is running @ 100% which i tested on XTU. :attn:

With the help of the cooling i can increase the GPU OC as well on the Laptop, i understand this is not going to win any medals on here, but i still like to enjoy taking part. ;) :salute:

Ajay.

Looks good buddy.

I'm not getting any help from mother nature here. :p

Capture1050.jpg

Wow, must be nice, 9F here with windchill at -18F

Good for benching I guess, but would rather be soaking up some of that Dallas weather :)

May be too cold to even load OS's in my garage today :(

well this is the best I can do with the 560 ti

Update

XRogerX / GTX 560 TI FPB / x1 / Air / 3682

Fire Strike 3682.png

Back