• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: February, 3DMark Firestrike

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just farting around. dont seem power saving is hurting me any right now. just working with clocks mainly

also of note is that this in back in the mini itx box

Last edited by a moderator:
I see so cooling is limited. Just curious if maybe you could squeeze a few more point out. Is that the G.Skill Trident X you're using?

I have the corsair vengance pro 2400 11-13-13 in right now

Ah, ok the timings I saw were 10-12-12 which is the same as my Trident at stock. I bet you could still tighten the tRFC quite a bit. I have them at 180 IIRC and it passes XTU

If I'm right then these Vengeance Pro are Hynix based so I would try something like 11-13-13 2666-2800 or maybe even 2933 up to 1.75V. That's of course if these are Hynix as 2400 C10 looks promising.

Blaylock/HD7950/Uno/Stock/7146

Finally got some good runs in today after borking my OS trying to tweak mems...again. Considering everything around this sub is Intel I'd say it's a damn strong run. Opinions?

Edit: Might be a coincidence, but I lost power seconds after saving this SS. Do you think I'm pushing to hard?

7146.PNG

Last edited:
Looks about right Blaylock considering the Cpu, I scored 2500k higher on my 4770k at 5.0 then the 8350 at 5.5 with the GTX 780 on board.

So I was messing with drivers and LOD trying to get a better score today and this popped up. Considering, my graphics score is higher then the #1 score on the bot at 500 Mhz less gpu clocks and it says 87k Fps in the first test I would say it's bugged. Just posting for ha ha's
3dmarkfs,12404,780.PNG

Last edited:
I don't LOD will work on modern benchies...you are looking at 06 on down there.

I've had this bench freeze on screen and keep counting fps like that too... Weird.

I don't LOD will work on modern benchies...you are looking at 06 on down there.

I've had this bench freeze on screen and keep counting fps like that too... Weird.
Well I figured it was worth a shot ED though I have not seen any improvement testing LOD.

What's funny about that run was it black screened in the first test for a fraction of a second and then continued to run. I was shooting for Atmins score with his 780, saw the 12404 and was like what the! I thought maybe I just had a good run, until I checked the Bot. K|ngp|n ran a 169xx graphics score with a 780 on Ln2 @ 18xx mhz, I knew it was bugged for sure. :D

Again, LOD does not work in new benchies like FS.. I tried it with no change in score (went neg and positive) and Woomack confirmed this. I was trying to catch metal and was looking for something, lol!

It's funny that 3Dmark didn't squawk about that. I've had it tell me many times that my FPS were to high and the run was invalid.

You can check additional options in Nvidia Inspector. Some are helping but not much. LOD is working on DX9 or older tests. Maybe it will affect part of some newer benchmarks but I haven't seen any difference. Even in older tests on new hardware it's usually giving worse results.

I had a old version of Nvidia Inspector which did work for me, but the newer versions where changed after a certain point, it was Dejo who helped me to the right one.

But I am rocking a laptop all my old programs and files was lost in the House move my files where accidentally put in the Trash bin by someone lol!

Ajay.

Last edited:
Again, LOD does not work in new benchies like FS.. I tried it with no change in score (went neg and positive) and Woomack confirmed this. I was trying to catch metal and was looking for something, lol!
I'm with ED here Ajay, I've tried LOD +/- from 1 to 30 and no tangible benefits have been seen, on this bench.

The new versions will work but you have to input the hex code manually. Like 0x00000090. Just FYI, courtesy of Mandrake

not sure if my results are expected variance, but I do gain with lod up to 3.0 on FS. Could be just bench variance though as its not but 2-300points. but lod does help on many of them for me anyway

Back