• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII:April, 3DMark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I sold my 6Ghz+ 4790K like a dumbarse...but I try to stay away from cold in these friendly comps too...

I sold my 6Ghz+ 4790K like a dumbarse...but I try to stay away from cold in these friendly comps too...

I hear ya bro, only thing is I either post cold or not at all, simply not set up for ambient :(

could bolt on an Intel stock I guess

But do not really look at this as a win or lose competition , just having fun with other members

Well I can say people going cold in these comps motivated me to push harder and start going cold myself! :thup:

what it does do is motivate a learning experience! that is what these are all about. I know Im not going to win any of them as I dont own the hardware to win, but I have fun is running the benches and learning and sometimes helping others when I can

what it does do is motivate a learning experience! that is what these are all about. I know Im not going to win any of them as I dont own the hardware to win, but I have fun is running the benches and learning and sometimes helping others when I can

Agreed!

Yes, dejo, same here! That doesn't change the fact that I try not to run cold for this type of stuff. I just choose not to do it since everyone but two/three people are running sub ambient. PEDs are not banned here!! :rofl:

you can learn at any clock speed. for me when I bench, I want boints

Great run witchy. :thup:

I'm glad everyone is having fun at this.
Off topic but has anyone seen Funsoul around lately?
NVM I found my answer
Hiya Dolk!

Tia for your order! Apologies for not responding quicker, life's been a bit hectic lately.

Am 95% certain that we have an extra medium already in hand (so won't have to wait until we have 4 more interested parties). Only issue is that I'm out of town until next Sunday so won't be able to get a shirt out to you until the following Saturday. Hope that's ok.

I'll drop you a pm when I'm back home and we can take it from there. Cool?

Thanks again!!

Now that you say that, no I haven't ???

I was thinking he would make the get together since he is only a few hours away.

Hope everything is OK

I think I need to have the services of the Witchdoctor. I think my computer hates me:(
I know the rules but I was hoping to lower my water temps with some dice. On Tuesday, I picked up 1 block of dice to try and see what I/it might accomplish. My first time with dice
I put a washcloth on my 290X and placed a 2" x 3" block on it (I have a blue back plate) but still didn't change the temp when OCed:(
I put a small bit on top of my memory. Still didn't change the memories capabilities:(
I used a big block underneath the reservoir. I was afraid that I might freeze my coolant as it's only rated for -6c and dice is -100c. Still didn't change my WC loop capability:(
Using the last bits in the bag, I place the bag on top of my tubing. No change:(

I spent Wednesday in bed recovering. (I hate being sick) This is my first time up, so that I can ask what I did wrong???

Thank You For You Time
In Reading And Helping

If you want to do something like that maddmutt you'll need to be able to submerge your rad/res in ice water or something. That would likely work better. Mandrake did some experimentin with DICE in a bucket and his rad. Only froze it a couple times. ha ha. Check out the just putzen thread. There are a lot of funky things that have went down and that's where we AMD clowns talked about it.

Well my mistake was using a cooling coil and submerging it in a mixture of acetone and DICE, can you say instant freeze! What does work and will get the water temps to around -15 to -20c is taking the fans off the radiator and surrounding the rad with DICE. Note you will need coolant in the lines though.

nice run Keith. I expected you wold step up before it was over

Back